“Zipping through the trees - DO IT!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Book In Advance
Book a Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Piiholo Ranch Zipline offers side-by-side zip tours, treetop zip tours, hiking tours, and a Zip & Waterfall Hike Combo tour. The Side-by-Side Zip Course features guided tours that zip high over trees and deep ravines with spectacular views from Upcountry Maui and the famous Piiholo Hill. The premier 5 Line Zip Tour is a wild ride that finishes with the longest side-by-side zipline in Maui -- over half a mile long! A different kind of guided zipline adventure awaits on the Treetop Zipline Course! Soar high above the Kahakapao Valley from tree to tree, experience flying sensations swooping down into the valley on platforms high in the eucalyptus rain forest, sail through canopy tunnels, and explore the Pirate Ship Tree House. Choose your adventure!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Zipping through the trees - DO IT!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

You have to try this! Seriously!!
I actually have a fear of heights but decided to try something new and see more of the beauty that is the Up Country of Maui. I selected the 3 line package just in case I decided I couldn't make the leap when I got up there. I admit I was nervous but tried not to show it. The 2 guides that were with my group, Kiki & Andrew, were great and confident and gave us the confidence to zip and enjoy it! I will definitely do this again and probably do the 8 line!

Visited February 2013
Janet B, Director of Sales at Piiholo Ranch Zipline, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Aloha Debbie, Good for you that you pushed through your fears! Awesome job.

Fort Worth, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Excellent Zipping Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

We completely lucked into Piiholo Ranch Zipline. As my husband likes to say, if something doesn't work out- always remember that something better could come along. And that was absolutely the case for us! We had originally made reservations with Flyin' Hawaiian Zipline but were notified about an hour before our reservation that the winds were too strong and they would have to cancel. We tried to reschedule, but they only had one other opening during our trip, and they told us that it would probably also be cancelled due to the winds. Based on reviews from Trip Advisor, this happens quite a bit, but of course I figured it wouldn't happen to us. But it worked out for the best. I quickly pulled out my Maui Revealed guide and looked for ziplining alternatives. I called up Piiholo Ranch, and fortunately for us, they had an opening on their 4-line tour for the same day. And I'm SO glad they did! It was my husband and I's first time zipping, and our guides (Jonathan, Ian, & Shestin) made it such a great experience. I'm terrified of heights, but they kept us laughing and, most importantly, always kept us feeling very safe throughout. Although the views were beautiful, the guides really made the experience awesome. They instructed us in our zipping positions (basically how you go faster, slow down, and brake). We went on a "practice" zip to start (although it does count as one of the zips) with 4-people across. The rest of the zips are done tandem, which was really great to be able to do with my husband. After the third zip, we had a drink/snack stop (included in the cost), and we got to chat with the guides for awhile. They do have restrooms available, but they are port-a-pottys (very clean, though!). My only regret is that we only got to do 4-lines! I definitely would have signed up for more if I would have known how much fun it was! You will not regret choosing Piiholo Ranch for your ziplining experience!

1 Thank kimc37
Ontario, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Excellent Guides, safe and well maintained zipline company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We purchased the zipline deal from Govity.com for our trip to Maui. We have gone zip lining in Mexico and Jamaica and this one was by far the safest, well maintained and our guides were so much fun! We did the 9 line Canopy tour and had so much fun! We were with another family (3 kids between 8-12 yrs) and the guides did an excellent job with the children. They offer drinks and snacks about half way through the canopy tour, these are included in your price. You can bring your own camera for the zipline, however they are not responsible if you drop it in the jungle!! We got some great shots and video with our phones. Depending on where your staying in Maui - we were near Kapalua, it was about hour drive. Pretty easy to find and there's a nice beach about 20 mins from the Zipline so you can make a day out of it.

Would recommend to everyone!

Visited January 2013
Janet B, Director of Sales at Piiholo Ranch Zipline, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Aloha, This review warms my heart. I went on the tour yesterday with Kanoa and find him to be one of our favorite guides.(as they all are) We are known in the business of having THE BEST guides. It sounds like you were able to experience some of that.
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“What a thrill!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

First time zipping for our family of three. We did the 6 line canopy tour with Bridget and Kaohla (sp) They were outstanding and I felt completely safe with them. Even thought poured rain during much of our tour they were always smiling and laughing. Kaohla even gave his jacket to a member of our group because she was cold so he did the entire tour soaked to the bone. The lines were amazing and you never set foot on ground until the end. We all had the best time

Regina, Canada
132 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 159 helpful votes
“Great Choice, Lots of Fun, Excellent Guides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband, son and I went ziplining with this company. I always wanted to do this. After you check in, you are to sign waivers, etc. (ladies, you will be weighed!). Then you are fitted with your harness, hat and ziplining apparatus (ladies don't worry, you don't have to carry it all the time). You are quickly briefed and taken to what they call the bunny hill. It is a smaller zipline. I was brave until I got harnessed up and ready to go. We were told to go on three. My husband and son went and I said I don't want to go. Then I realized that I was the one who wanted to do it and I should not be such a baby. The hard part was taking that first step off the platform but after that I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. I did not hesitate for the 5 ziplines we did. The worst part was walking up the bridges to the platforms. The walk up was like being on a swinging bridge.

After the third zipline, you are given water, juice and snacks. Photos are also taken at this point if you wish. Restrooms are available here but you have to take off your harness (men that includes you too).

The guides we had (Andrew, Zepa and I cannot the remember the other gentleman) were absolutely great. They took their time with us and all were very friendly and had a great sense of humour. They made our day extra fun.

The last zipline is 2,800 feet. It sounds like a long one but it goes way too fast. If you are new to ziplining, Piiholo Ranch is the place to go. You wil have great views and a great time.

FYI - the only washroom facilities at check in are portapoties. I hate them but these ones were actually quite clean and there is hand sanitizer in each.

After the ride, there is coffee and hot chocolate available. If it is raining or there is a chance of rain, take your rain coat. If you forget some are provided for you although I understand they do smell a bit.

Enjoy!