Review Highlights
So fun!

Brought two 9yr old girls for a surf lesson and they both loved it and got up on some great waves... read more

Reviewed January 3, 2019
Michelle A
via mobile
Beginner Surf Lessons with Brett

My group and I had two amazing surf lessons with Brett - he was a thoughtful, fun and experienced... read more

Reviewed January 2, 2019
Alexandra E
via mobile

All reviews surf lessons adventure guide already planning my next trip surfing experience amazing surf super fun waves kiteboarding surfed teaching stoke teacher rocks skills blast safety taste
Reviewed January 20, 2017

My friend and I visited Maui last week and we were given great advice on what to do along with a guided tour to both Haleakala and the Olivine pools!! Brett at Maui True North was truly knowledgeable and super resourceful! It really helped make our trip amazing; would highly recommend checking out this company... it made our vacation!

Date of experience: January 2017
Brett S, Owner at Maui True North, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2017

Thanks Sarah! So great to see how much fun you two had while you were here! Your gratitude and enthusiasm was infectious!

Reviewed January 19, 2017

My long awaited trip to Hawaii led me & my 2 daughters to Maui, where we were referred to Maui True North for surf lessons. I didn't think I'd be able to surf, & my eldest daughter wasn't sure because of a skin condition which has limited her athleticism all her life. Brett showed her ways to pop up on the board without damaging her skin, & she bossed it! I actually surfed myself! And my youngest daughter nailed it! We all had so much fun & felt completely safe with Brett looking after us!
We all got the total surfing in Hawaii experience..especially my daughters, who loved being driven to and from the beach in the back of his truck along with the surfboards!!
But we took away much more than a happy memory and some Facebook pics! Through chatting with Brett about his own personal journey, I was inspired to try some life changes that he suggested. So I gave up alcohol and went on a healthier diet. It's now been 6 months without the influence of alcohol in my life. Sobriety has given me so much. I'm happier, healthier, stronger and I have the respect of my daughters. I'm now living an authentic life as a mother, artist and business owner. I'm allowing my intuition to be my best guide. Thank you Brett for your inspiration. My life is so much richer for having met you!

Date of experience: June 2016

Thanks Joy! Your transformation has been amazing to watch! This is so heart warming :) Keep surfing and living healthy and happy!

Reviewed January 18, 2017

Brett took me out on a tandem board for my first time kiting. I normally would have been terrified since I tried to learn 5 years ago with someone who wasn't nearly as knowledgeable or professional. Brett explained things as he tested sizes and other things to ensure a safe, comfy fit. We got in the water immediately and were on our way. We were off and Brett gave my bits of advice as to how to lean, look, hold on, hang loose and more. We got the good stuff down and had loads of fun, I was nervous about what would happen when we fell. Brett assured me we would recover beautify and guess what? We did. All my fear was gone!
I wanted to go every day all day, of course; I didn't have to do any work just ride. It was honestly the most fun I've had in as long as I can remember. I giggled and hoot and hollared the whole time. I am already planning my next day of kiting with Brett. Maybe I will add a surf lesson as well. Brett you made my week, you rock! It helps that he's not bad to look at either.

Date of experience: December 2016

Thanks Stephanie! Tandem is such a new aspect to kiting your one of the few in the world to experience it so far and it was fun to take you for a ride!