“A peaceful haven...”
Review of Hale Ho'omana

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Makawao
Hale Ho'omana
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Makawao
USA
“A peaceful haven...”
Reviewed January 21, 2012

If I had to choose one word for Hale Ho'omana I would choose nurturing. It was an honor to stay here and enjoy the peacefulness of the grounds and even more importantly to be in the company of the owners Justin and Jeana. They welcomed me in like family without hesitation. If I ever find myself in need of accommodation again on Maui I will head directly here. Everything here glows with love...I am thankful!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Hawaiian room which is in the main house with a shared bath. Very clean, shared bat...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Indigoblue33

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Makawao, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Over the last few years I have taught shamanic healing to groups at Hale Ho‘omana. The location in upcountry Maui is very beautiful and peaceful. The studio space overlooks a lovely Hawaiian garden which supports a healing atmosphere. The participants find that the beauty and general tranquility of the land foster an ease of letting go which supports group bonding and an openness to spiritual experiences. Hale Ho‘omana is off the beaten path of tourism which offers a whole new dimension to Maui for visitors and a perfect retreat for local people. The staff and owners offer true aloha in their services, offering hospitality and privacy for our groups as we do our spiritual work.

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Nancy F
Kihei, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I've attended a variety of workshops, lectures, massages, and retreats at Hale Ho'omana and I absolutely love the healing atmosphere. The Aloha spirit can be found in every aspect and detail of the property, the rooms, the buildings, the gathering spaces, and the professionals who run this magical facility. I recommend this unique retreat center to anyone who is willing to treat themselves to pure heaven on earth!

Room Tip: All the rooms are charming and delightful.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Kecia J
Comstock, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Thanks so much for the wonderful stay at Hale Ho'omana Spa and Retreat Center. The Bamboo Cottage was an ideal accomodation and location for our Maui stay. We slept so well in the cool, quiet up-country...with the wind in the trees at night and birds to greet the morning.

The physical therapy treatments for Gene's pulled hamstring made all the difference in getting him moving again on our travels. Jeanna...you have magic hands (and professional expertise). The Aloha spirit is alive and well at Hale Ho'omana. Mahalo for the warm hospitality and great accomodations! Gene and Connie Bussewitz

Room Tip: The little kitchentte in the Bamboo Cottage was perfect for a light breakfast or simple meal for two...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Modesto, CA
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed with a friend at Hale Ho'Omana in a transitional time of my life, and the spiritual atmosphere in the gorgeous natural setting was just what I needed for rest and reflection. I spent time at the traditional altar in the back, and if I am lucky to return, I will be sure to get a lomilomi massage. Even if one isn't looking for a spiritual atmosphere or spa services, it is just a great place to stay. Makawao is down the hill, and it is a delightful village with art and food; Paia is farther down the road by the ocean and is also an awesome little town. Understand that Hale Ho'Omana is high up in the hills, what the locals call "Upcountry." There are hiking trails and I like being in a mountain retreat with access by car to the beaches. I love the seclusion and the cool evenings, this may not be what some tourists would be looking for, but to me, it is perfect! My trip was July 2010, I am late with a review!

Room Tip: Study the website, there are pictures of the rooms and a map. Call the owners, they will be happy t...
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Saltbreeze
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I stayed with my mom and daughter on a triple goddess trip. The rooms were very spacious, gardens lush and fragrant. The owners were very helpful in giving us a tour, booking excursions, and helping us find our way around. I had a lovely massage with Jeanna,, and would highly recommend her LomiLomi massage. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Travelmonkey108
Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We wanted to stay close to a party we were attending in upcountry Maui and found this gem of a vacation! We've never tried a B&B before and this was a fantastic choice for our situation.
The price was right and we read other reviews for this place and was not disappointed. We booked the Aloha suite because we wanted to have our own bathroom. The room was big enough for us and it really felt like home. It was fully furnished just like your own house from extra towels to the fully equipt and stocked gourmet kitchen.
We checked out the backyard and it was secluded, quiet and very well maintained. At the time we were there, there was just 1 other couple, but saw them just once because we had stuff to do and so did they. Our room came with breakfast and the owners left out breakfast items: 2 kinds of bread, butter and jelly, 2 types of cereal w/milk, 2 kinds of juices,coffee w/cream and sugar,tea,cocoa,3 types of fresh fruit,yogurt, It was a nice spread considering it is included with the room. We liked that we felt at home, we hung out in the parlor and they had direct tv. The weather at the time felt cool and airy with occassional sprinkles-well it is upcountry after all. The weather up there is so much more cooler and wet anyway.
I highly recommend booking this place because it is just wonderful being in a place that is so relaxed, quiet, secluded and homey. It is well maintained inside and out. The price is great as well. We definitely will be back to stay whenever we visit Maui.

Room Tip: request a private bathroom
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NNewbie07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Makawao
Travaasa Hana, Maui
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,041 reviews
Lumeria Maui Retreat
Lumeria Maui Retreat
#1 of 2 in Makawao

Been to Hale Ho'omana? Share your experiences!