“Fresh & healthy!”

Makawao Garden Cafe
Ranked #7 of 26 Restaurants in Makawao
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Had the chicken curry salad, eggplant sandwich & mahi sandwich between the 2 of us. We always order dressings, mayo, etc on the side to stay healthy, and even without it was excellent. Super fresh salad greens. Great spice in the curry & fresh fish. Cute little courtyard. A must eat!

1  Thank shannondale

Reviewed August 11, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed in Kaanapali for our stay but most enjoyed Makawao. While shopping, we stumbled upon a hidden alley which took us to a little eden. A courtyard with an art gallery and sort of in your own little rainforest. The owner came out to greet us and serve us. The most amazing pesto chicken sandwhich i have ever had along with their privatley made special sauce. Home made bread and everything. This was a complete surprise as well as this delightful town. would recommend to anyone!!! Next time we stay in Hawaii i believe we will be in Makawao!

Reviewed May 15, 2011

I'm a local, and this is one of my favorite places to eat. The restaurant shares a hidden courtyard with my favorite gallery, a glassblower, and a couple of other businesses. In good weather, dining under a spreading tropical tree is sublime. If it's rainy, there are tables inside. There's full tray service inside and out. I recently had a Maui Cattle Company cheeseburger with slabs of swiss cheese on a whole wheat bun, washed down with fresh-squeezed lemon-limeaid. My date had the roasted veggie sandwich on the same bun. We shared a strawberry macadamia - nut bread pudding for dessert. Both were delicious. Service was wonderful: attentive and friendly, The bill came to about $34, plus tip. Alcoholic beverages available inside only. A great experience when exploring Makawao town.

3  Thank dicktmaui
Reviewed September 17, 2010

If I hadn't read the review, I would never have been able to experience this great little spot. We shared the sandwich and also shared the salad. The manager/owner that served us was very friendly and bubbly. We will come back.

1  Thank k0sm056
Reviewed August 12, 2010

If you want a great lunch and rest from the shopping and strolling this is a great place. Upon recommendation from Rachael (manager of R J Braun gallery) we ordered the Crab and Avocado sandwich (on homemade bread) and the Curry Chicken salad. Loved it. Next time we are in Maui, we will be back in Makawao and back for lunch.