“Excellent Fresh Food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Nakui Street
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Found this place using Trip Advisor because Haliimaile General Store was closed on Saturdays for lunch. It was an excellent find. We had the best fish there (Ono) that we have had all trip which has included meals at upscale resorts at far higher prices. The salads were great and everything was so fresh. Very friendly service. We will go back for sure and have already recommended it to friends.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

A tiny little community in Up Country Maui, off the beaten track, and on the way to the Zip Line center. If you ask the people of the town, they will say that it is the Rodeo capital of Maui because they do have a rodeo in the summer sometime, but to an outsider, it looks a lot more like a quaint artist's colony. There are a dozen or more, maybe two dozen little galleries with some very nice displays and offerings.

Tucked in the back corner of a backyard (almost alley) is this little Bistro called Market Fresh Bistro. Not many tables, maybe 8 or 9. We went there for lunch on a rainy afternoon. Welcomed by a bevy of voices as we entered. Everyone was busy, but acknowledged our arrival, greeted us and suggested a table for us. I felt like I knew everyone in the place, as if they were family or something.

My wife had a fish dish of some kind, I forget which, about which she raved. I had the Grilled Chicken sandwich, which is why I am bothering to write this. It was PHENOMENAL. I have never had a grilled chicken sandwich that had those subtle flavors. I don't know what they did to it, but it was delicious.

Not only that, but the bill was the most reasonable of all the meals we had on Maui.

The town is neat, the stores are great and this little place is the best.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We love *everything* about Market Fresh Bistro! Great food, great service (though they're closed on Mondays).

Reviewed March 20, 2014

The food was reasonably good, though limited. And it goes down steadily from there. Long wait for only a few tables. The atmosphere was most unimpressive. The environment uninspired and unattractive. I would go back but with lowered expectations.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Late lunch random stop and we are very glad that we found this great place in the small community of Makawao. True bistro fresh food. Interesting variety of selections. Four of us each ordered something different. All rated our food excellent plus. Wonderful presentation. Fast friendly service. Prices were reasonable. We have no difficulty recommending this wonderful bistro as a place to eat on Maui.