“No stress holiday”

Royal Lahaina Resort
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Lahaina
Eagle Point, Oregon
Reviewed February 2, 2005

We were there from Dec. 12-Dec19th and it was the best hotel we have found for staff, food and drinks. I had no idea how much stress was with me in daily life, got there no stress for one solid week. It was the best little place we have ever stayed at. And we go back again and again.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (4,222)

Reviewed January 31, 2005

Checked in as was really bummed.Our room was ocean view on the side. The Lanni was not at all private. 5 feet from your neighbor OMG.
Asked front dest to upgrade was told 85.00 per night. Not willing to pat that much.We kept telling each other were still in Hawaii. After a few drinks in the lounge(more than a few) I went and asked again. New staff was on and it was 10:30pm QUESS WHAT 25.00 this time. The gal asked us if we wanted to see the room first we said no we'll take it. Privite Lanni wonderfull view. OCEANFRONT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO HERE! Mahalo

4  Thank Nanyjo
Reviewed January 31, 2005

We just came back from Hawaii and we spent 3 of our nights at this hotel. The beach was beautiful and the view from our oceanview room was also incredible. The bathroom was a bit worn but it was clean and the front desk staff was nice. The elevators were slow and the prices were very high in the restaurant($13.00 for a burger). The location was good except you have to take a trolley to get anywhere but other than that I think its a good hotel. Activities desk personnel was helpful except for one very rude morning person who talked to me like I should know better about helicopter tours!! That was the only rude person I ran into the whole week!!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dearborn, Michigan
Reviewed January 29, 2005

Hotel is cute, great food, it was ok, nothing great, it was clean, nice friendly staff, great beach, good parties, I would stay again, for the price.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 27, 2005

I stayed at the Royal Lahaina Resort for 4 days from January 21 to 25 and was very satisfied. Even though the hotel is a bit aged, the front desk staff is very professional. The housekeeping team (Rudy the houseman) was very nice and helpful. Luau staff is the best. I had the opportunity to go to the Feast at Lele and got food poisoning from their luau. At least when it rained on the day of the luau at Royal Lahaina, Sam the manager offered full refunds to those who wanted them. That was a nice touch and very thoughtful. Most hotels and resorts don't put their customers first; the Royal Lahaina does. I will return to the Royal Lahaina! By the way, after I got sick from the Feast at Lele, the front desk staff at Royal Lahaina was kind enough to extend my stay way after the check-out time of 12 noon so I can get better.

4  Thank Vegaztony
A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco Bay area,Ca.
Reviewed January 19, 2005

We stay in Maui 2-3 times a year, We have never had a bad room until we stayed at the Royal Lahaina.The check in personnel were miserable and condescending.The first room we stayed in was horrible, it was dirty, had decor from the seventies, a leakey faucet, paint falling from the bath room ceiling, mold on the shower ceiling, rust, broken furniture, a loud ticking noise coming from within the wall where the headboard rests, and the balcony was small with zero privacy.We went to the front desk to complain, the manager was a lot nicer than her staff, she gave us another room which was almost as bad as the first one and explained that this is a very old hotel as if that was a valid excuse. The elevators were extremely slow which was further compounded because there was no ice on all but two floors and the snack machines were broken.The few good things about the place were the great beach with snorkeling, the location-close enough to walk to Whalers, restaurants and shops and the trolley that runs often.

• Stayed: December 2004
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 17, 2005

our first trip to Maui from Calgary, Canada, Jan 8th to 15th 2005.

I was a little leary because of the wide range of reviews on this hotel.
definitely not what I would have picked had I seen it in person prior to booking but it was clean & suited our purposes which was a place to hang our hat at night . our main goal was to sightsee & lay on the beach.

I was disappointed with the quality of the room for the price paid. The room & especially bathroom are worn & dated & much in need of an update .
As well everything had an extra charge,
- coffee maker provided but charged for every pouch of coffee or tea bag used
- in-room safe provided but charged if used.
- parking was $9 per day & it was hard to find an available spot most evenings .
all of these things should be included with the price of the room .

the restaurant was okay if you like buffets . the lounge had a limited menu & was not open past 10 pm so if you wanted to have a few drinks at the end of the day you had to go elsewhere.

overalll I was satisfied because of the location ( easy to get around to most sights from here) and beach ( large & not too busy)
as well as room cleanliness .
however I would not likely stay there again or recommend it.

if you are looking for luxury or modern decor then this is not the place to stay

• Stayed: January 2005