“Average hotel ”

Royal Lahaina Resort
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is old, but clean enough , so it's not too bad, beach is very beautiful, staffs are friendly, but............Parking is very painful, took me at 20 min to find one, and hope you will have comprehensive insurance, because the stalls are 2/3 of a regular size stall, so you will have door dings for sure

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GTPANDA
RLR_SAGER, Manager at Royal Lahaina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Aloha. Thank you for the feedback on your stay. Glad to read that you were pleased with our beach and your interactions with the staff. Sorry parking can be a little tight, particularly when the hotel is running a high occupancy. Mahalo.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,176)

Reviewed January 16, 2014

This resort was wonderful for the beautiful beach location. It is roughly a 15 minute walk from Whaler's Village, which had great shopping and two restaurants. The room was clean and the view was priceless (oceanfront - 11th floor). The only downside was that the bathroom was a little small and there was not enough lighting around the sink/make-up area.

Room Tip: The upper floors (ocean view) provide the best views!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BucketListExpl0rer
RLR_SAGER, Manager at Royal Lahaina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Aloha. Thank you for the positive review. Glad to read that you were pleased with our beautiful beach location and views from your room. For guests who would like additional lighting in the vanity area our Housekeeping Dept. can provide lighted make-up mirrors upon request. Mahalo.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Guys
This hotel in Hawaii at the beach in Lahaina is havinh unique location and serving atypical American and Asia pacific service. Lots of music at pool side and cuisine from all around the world.
If you did not visit Hawaii, you missed big in the life, but if you were in Hawaii and did not visit this Hotel means you missed real Hawaii

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trikam
RLR_SAGER, Manager at Royal Lahaina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Aloha. Happy to read that you were pleased with your visit to Hawaii and enjoyed the traditional Hawaiian ambiance of the Royal Lahaina Resort. Mahalo.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

stayed from 23-12-2013 for 5 nights, check in was smooth and friendly,the room was large enough and clean, the location was excellent, it is a very quiet area when you compare the hotels at Whalers Village ( which is a nice 20 minute walk along the coast line from the hotel ) what we liked about this hotel was the smile on the faces of the staff and always keen to assist with what ever you required nothing was a problem, we enjoyed our stay very much , if you are looking for a quiet holiday with a great beach location and a property that has a very good restaurant then this hotel is for you. I hope you all enjoy this hotel as we did

Room Tip: ocean view rooms are great
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank casinomelbourne

Aloha. Thank you very much for the kind review. So glad that you enjoyed the peaceful ambiance of the resort and the service that you received from our staff. We hope you will visit us again. Mahalo.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

The best feature of this property is its beachfront location. The beach is several hundred meters long and has perfect golden sand leading into clear waters. There are plenty of good restaurants nearby. Rooms very nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank famishedtim

Aloha. Thank you for the positive review. As you note our beachfront is truly world-class. In 2013 it was chosen as the #1 beach in America and #15 in the world in the Tripadvisor Travelers Choice Awards. Mahalo.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Originally booked a cottage, when we walked in it smelt musty was dark and dingy and there were holes in the wall near the power points, it was simply disgusting so we went back to reception and asked to be moved into the hotel tower, we were offered a room on level 3 with satellite dishes outside sliding door or we could pay $135 extra a night for a room on a higher floor... we took the dishes. Room fit out was ok, bed was poor and in desperate need of replacement, internet was not free for most but as we were so low we got free internet from the reception, otherwise it would have been $10 a night. Parking is $10 a night! when most places around the coast are free, absolute rip off. If you want to know what is on tv you need to pay $1 to download an app... I mean really... just give people a TV guide! Bell boys will stand around and watch people carrying their bags unless they think they will get a good tip, if you are not American... you are on your own.

Room Tip: Stay away from cottages, go for a hotel tower room!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank wilrc1
RLR_SAGER, Manager at Royal Lahaina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Aloha. Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry to learn that you were displeased with your experience. The management and staff here at the Royal Lahaina enjoy helping guests from around the world feel welcomed to the island and try our very best to provide quality service with a true spirit of Aloha. We also strive to provide our guests with a great vacation value. Anytime we receive feedback that this was not achieved we are concerned. We regularly review our guest comments and continue to look for ways to improve our services and enhance guest satisfaction levels. Mahalo.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We had a family reunion this past thanksgiving 2013 at the Royal Lahaina resort. My two girls, my wife and I stayed in the 3 bedroom cottage "U". Our rooms were divided by two adjoining doors, with a kitchen and a living room in the middle. Our first two nights were pretty much uneventful, though we kept being awaken by doors slamming shut, that we chucked it up to the air conditioner. It was about 5:20 in the morning that I was awaken by a heavy weight on my chest which I fought through and sat up..Right on the edge of my bed near my feet I saw a little girl. I caught her reaching for my right foot which she proceeded to press down with her little hand. I couldn't believe what I was seeing so I told myself it was my little one, which she often comes to our bed at night when she is scared. I pulled the covers and told her to come in bed with daddy. She stood up and just looked at me. So I told her again and she said noooo..and started walking towards the bathroom. I got up and followed her calling her name, she dropped to all fours and walked into the bathroom. At this point I new it wasn't my daughter and I went across to check on my girls, which were still asleep. The next morning around the same time my wife wakes me up and tells me someone has slapped her butt. She tells me it was a small little hand. We laughed and go back to sleep. I am asleep when she feels someone is looking at her and catches movement above the headboard. She pans up and sees the little girl looking at her crouched down on the the headboard. One second she was there then she was gone. What freaked by wife out was our 5th day there when she was woken up by a woman screaming in her ear in Hawaiian. We ended up sleeping with our girls the last day because we could not get a good nights sleep. Other than our rooms being haunted, the resort itself was very nice..The people were very nice and the service was top notch. If you go there just don't stay on the cottages, stay in the hotel part of the resort. Oh, almost forgot. I got some great sphere or globe pictures that I took with my phone right after every incident we had.

Room Tip: Don't choose the cottages.!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Frank E

Aloha Frank. Wow.... That is very strange indeed. Although it has never happened to me, and this is the first time that I have read or heard of any type of guest experience like this in one of our cottages, I have heard many stories from people throughout the islands who have shared personal experiences similar to this. Glad to read that you and your family still enjoyed the resort even with this very unusual situation. Mahalo.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Maui Coast Hotel
#1 of 3 in Kihei
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort
The Westin Maui Resort & Spa

Been to Royal Lahaina Resort? Share your experiences!