“Fantastic!”

Royal Lahaina Resort
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for our 25th wedding anniversary. Upon arrival, we were upgraded from partial ocean view to ocean view in honor of this occasion. The room looked exactly like the pictures on their website. All staff was very helpful and attentive so we felt very pampered. One staff member in particular was outstanding. Luke, our bellman, was super informative every time we encountered him on duty. He made numerous suggestions for food and sightseeing that all turned out to be excellent choices. The on-site restaurant was very tasty and the servers attentive. The beach service is very fast in getting your umbrella up, but be aware that you will have to lug your beach chairs down and back up. Bedding was soft and comfy. Views were outstanding. If we ever get to Maui again, we will definitely choose the Royal Lahaina Resort!

If I had any quirks about this stay, it would be that the ceiling in the bathroom had a large rust colored stain which I thought was unusual since the rest of the room was so lovely. Also, the thermostat was set on 65 (which in my house would be freezing me out), but the room was still very warm. We didn't complain as we weren't in the room that much anyway and the front desk provided us with some fans.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the renovated tower and the higher the better. Ocean view or ocean front, of c...
2  Thank Janelle C
RLR_SAGER, Manager at Royal Lahaina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Aloha. Happy to read that you had a fantastic 25th Anniversary. I will be sure to share your positive review with Luke. I will also contact you directly so that we can locate and correct the rust stain you mention. Mahalo.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,147)

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed at the RL 6 nights on our honeymoon in the first part of July and it could not have been a better experience. The room and service were great, the atmosphere was laid-back, the luau was neat, and the restaurant and bar were pleasant as well (the bare foot beach bar is humble but a lot of fun). We want to come back someday.

2  Thank Erik K

Aloha Erik. Glad to read that you had a great honeymoon and were pleased with the resort. We will look forward to welcoming you back. Mahalo.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have to say that the RL far exceeded my expectations! i loved every minute of my vacation in Maui. The RL has the most amazing stretch of beach, it almost feels private! It's never crowded and the water is magical! Right as we arrived we found a GEM of a person in customer relations, her name was Chiko. I cannot say thank you enough! She made us feel welcome from day one. I truly enjoyed the breakfast buffet and some dinners at the hotel, they were all great, especially the fish tacos (I rarely eat fish, but these rocked!). The ice cream shop on the grounds was yummy, but over priced as expected. We attended the Luau here and it was fabulous! You have to see it! The trolley service was nice and so were all the travel choices that one can chose from at the hotel if you decide to go on an adventure ( we did the valley isle Hana tour-amazing!). Overall, this hotel was so laid back, not stuffy. Everyone was friendly and made you feel relaxed. I only had the problem that our beds were not made
until after four the afternoon on some days and on one occasion we had to call to get our room cleaned up. Other than that, I had an amazing stay here! Mahalo!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Liz7324
RLR_SAGER, Manager at Royal Lahaina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Aloha Liz. Thank you very much for the 5-Star review. So glad that you were pleased with your stay and the resort. I will be sure to share your review with Chiiko, she is a very special member of our resort family and is always happy to share her aloha with everyone. Sorry about the housekeeping timing, most of our housekeeping takes place between 8a - 4p each day. Although there is a set operational procedure we follow, we will always try to accommodate any individual requests (ex. - to have the room cleaned by a certain time each day) so I encourage guests to make contact with any one of the resort managers if we can do anything that will help in making your stay more pleasant.
Mahalo.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I can't say enough about this hotel. It was awesome. The room in the tower was very nice and had an excellent view. The beach was amazing and there is great snorkeling in front of the westin 5 minutes down the beach. It was very convenient to get into Lahaina and Whalers Village. There was also a nice golf course 5 minutes away.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sshirley76

Aloha. Thank you very much for selecting the Royal Lahaina Resort for your Honeymoon. So happy to read that you had an awesome stay and enjoyed your time with us. We will look forward to welcoming you back to Maui. Mahalo.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

we just returned from spending 6 days at this resort. the staff was amazing they really were. the rooms were clean and very nice. the food was pretty good. it isn't going to win a Michelin award but it is very good. the gift shop is nice as well. before going to the beach stop in and get yourself some bottled water or a beer from the maui brewing company. there is a $260 deposit upon check in. if you use a debit card it will be taken out of your account but with a credit card it is just put on as a hold. valet is $15 a day or self park for $10. the outdoor activity center had amazing staff that were very friendly and knowledgeable about local hang outs and where to snorkel etc. if you book an excursion through them you can get a day of free snorkel rental or cabana rental. they also carry a full line of maui jim sunglasses. I own these and they are great. if you buy a pair you also get a free rental from the outdoor activity center. they host a large luau here and it is packed 7 nights a week. go go go!!! overall I am so glad we stayed here. for a hotel the prices on food were not bad and the gift shop is full of snacks, sodas, wines, liquor, bottled water and take home items and at a fair price.

Room Tip: no matter where your room is if you walk onto the balcony you can see the ocean. so save a few bucks...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Aloha. Thank you very much for the kind review and all of the great feedback for potential guests. So glad that you enjoyed the resort and had a wonderful time. We hope you will return to Maui and stay with us again. Mahalo.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Not sure why there is a recent review on here from travel 6 years ago, and 9 people found it helpful, even when it's no longer accurate. Why Tripadvisor even allows such outdated reviews? My first stay at Royal Lahaina 12 years ago (on 9/11 and we got stranded in Maui) was prior to the 30 million dollar renovation a couple years ago, and I could tell the rooms have been renovated, they are more updated. Rooms are decent, what I would expect from a 3.5-4 star resort. The pools here are not as nice as the Westin Maui or Westin Villas (which I also stayed at on this trip) but it is sufficient, all about proper expectations on what you're booking. The location is a bit north of all the action between Sheraton and Hyatt, so it is quieter too. The price here is definitely lower than all the other places I've mentioned. There is a complimentary shuttle to take you to Whaler's Village. As for the breakfast buffet (which a reviewer stated was swarmed by 200 little bugs six years ago), we ate it without seeing any swarms of bugs around the fruit, etc. While I was eating, I saw a fly around me, but I'm eating outside in Hawaii, and I have realistic expectations. One fly doesn't equal swarms around the food.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Lori_Ling
RLR_SAGER, Manager at Royal Lahaina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Aloha Lori. Thank you very much for the positive review and especially for choosing to return to the Royal Lahaina again this past July. Appreciate the information you have provided for other potential guests and we hope that we can welcome you back again soon. Mahalo.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our choir tour group stayed at this hotel on Maui for three nights and we thoroughly enjoyed
the experience. The grounds are beautifully maintained; the resort includes a lovely restaurant, some shops and a coffee shop. Shuttle transportation is offered to nearby Whaler Village
which offers upscale shopping and restaurants. The beach is quite lovely and the staff very

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank books14

Aloha. Thank you so much for the kind review. So glad that you and the group enjoyed the resort. We enjoyed having you with us and we hope that we can welcome you all back in the future. Mahalo.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
#1 of 3 in Kihei
Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort
The Westin Maui Resort & Spa

Been to Royal Lahaina Resort? Share your experiences!