Royal Lahaina Resort
CheapTickets
$459
Hyatt.com
  • Beachfront
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort(Lahaina)
4,362 results
All reviewsthe cottagestower roomgarden cottagepineapple waterroyal scoopocean viewblack rockour honeymoonwhalers villagemain towerbreakfast buffetfree trolleybeach barwelcome homekaanapali beachbeautiful beachmai tais
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My family of 4 stayed 8 nights during Spring Break. I had researched hotels on Kaanapali Beach and the tmain hing Royal Lahaina has going for it, is location. The north side of Black Rock is the place to be if you want a nice flat wide beach and not crowded. The south side reminded me of Waikiki! When we checked in, the front desk staff did not welcome us, nor did they go over the highlights of the hotel, I had to ask questions about everything with one word answers. The biggest problem is they did not have our room! We reserved (via an Alaska Airline vacation package which I have used without any problems for years), a 2 double bed room because I have my, my hubby and 2 teen daughters. I was told that my reservation, was actually a "request" and they only had a room with a King bed. After several minutes of blank stares I had to accept that room, what else could I do? They told me that the next day a room with 2 doubles would open up (and he added that I was lucky because it was the "last one"- excuse me, but I already reserved this room months ago and paid for it too! )Anyway, they did move us the next day, but we couldn't really "unpack" and feel like were were home because we knew we needed to repack the next day, we also did not have use of our room beccause we did not know when we would be moved: now when you only have 7 days on this delightful island, having one day taken away is awful. The staff or manager did not offer anything to try to make up for this: they could have comped us a couple Mai Tais, a free luah, a free breakfast, SOMETHING to say sorry. The room itself was nice enough, the partial view was ok, although they need to oil the squeeky fan on the roof top, it drove us nuts! The pools are pretty basic back yard pools, pretty cold too, but we just played in the ocean because that was so wonderful. They have a bar by the pool and the happy hour mai tais and beer and a good price at that time, however the male bartender has no personality, no smiles, no small talk, which to me meant no tip. I don't know if I would return, mostly because when I book a room, it is not a "request", its a "must have". Another tip: use the valet parking...you have to pay 10 dollars a day for parking, go ahead and pay the extra 5 and it makes it nice not having to go get your own car.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank JanP63
RLR_SAGER, Manager at Royal Lahaina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Aloha. Thank you very much for the feedback on your stay. Very sorry about the bedding issue and the inconvenience you experienced on your first night. We do understand that this is a important matter for many guests and try our very best to accommodate all requests that we receive. Unfortunately there are times when the demand for a certain type of bedding during high occupancy periods (for example in this situation, two bed requests for families over spring break) exceeds our inventory of rooms with that bedding type. I will be sure to have our Engineering Dept. investigate the fan you mention. Thanks again for the review. Aloha.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We loved RL enough on our first vacation in Feb 2012 that we returned in Feb 2013, we stayed for 7 nights in the tower "ocean view room". The RL has 2 small pools that are located right in front of the beach, they never seemed over crowded. We love the location being just north of black rock being quieter but still being within walking distance to Whalers Village. RL has an on site bar and restaurant that has great food and Mai Tai's. It was great to see the same faces of the staff from the valet to front desk employees. We always use the valet parking package with 2 free Mai Tai's, with our 20 month old daughter it was nice to just pull up and get out and let them park for you. Thanks, Royal Lahaina for great vacation accommodations!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 1sharpedge

Mahalo for the 5-Star review and for making the Royal Lahaina your resort of choice two years in a row! So happy to hear that your second visit was just as good as your first. We hope to welcome you back for years to come. Aloha!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

My girlfriend and I chose the Royal Experience package, which I highly recommend. It wasn't too expensive, and included a great view of the ocean and golf course from our balcony, a king size bed, breakfast for two every morning, a very fun luau and a great dinner cruise. Hands down one of the best places I've ever stayed at. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was perfect!

Room Tip: The Royal Experience package includes a guaranteed ocean view and buffet breakfast for two every morning, plus a luau and dinner cruise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
RLR_SAGER, Manager at Royal Lahaina Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Mahalo for the 5-Star Review. Glad to read that you and your girlfriend enjoyed the resort! Our Royal Experience package is one of our best sellers and best values, coming with all of the special amenities that you mentioned (ocean view room, breakfast, luau and cocktail/dinner sail). Additional details on the Royal Experience package can be found online. Aloha!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We just returned from our Hawaiian vacation of which 6 nights were spent at the RLR. The hotel is amazing. The grounds are beautiful and the recent tower room renovations made the hotel a very relaxing place to be. We had a deluxe ocean view room on the 8th floor with a view of the ocean that cannot be described as anything less than spectactular.

I would like to bring to counter some negative comments others have made:

Parking - Yes the parking spaces are a little tight but very workable. We had no problem parking our full size car. Also, some people have complained that during the luau the only parking spaces available are a distant walk from the hotel. This is a bit of an exaggeration. The parking spaces located the furthest distance from the hotel front entrance are a pleasant and relatively short walk through gentle tradewinds with tropical birds and flowers all around. Not that bad at all. I wish all my walks in life could be this pleasant.

Staff - The staff could not have been friendlier. Everybody working at the hotel was beyond helpful with the true spirit of aloha. I lost count of how many times I had an employee say "aloha" to me. Whether we were at dinner, the bar, the pool, etc., we experienced a wonderful hotel staff and outstanding service.

Luau Noise - Some have complained that they had to "endure" listening to the luau from thier room. I do not understand this complaint at all. Our room faced the luau and we enjoyed hearing it every night as we sipped our cocktails on our lanai. Also, the luau is over at 8pm so unless you are trying to sleep at that early hour of the evening or if you just plain uptight, you will find the sounds of the luau every night to be a pleasurable part of your stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank FrankieOreo

Aloha! Thank you for the positive review and all of the objective feedback for other potential visitors. Glad that we were able to meet your expectations and that you had a great experience at the Royal Lahaina. Mahalo.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I recently returned from a week's stay. It was our first trip to Hawaii and we were amazed at the spectacular views and the hospitality. Our room was beautiful with an amazing view. One thing that stood out was how pleasant all the staff were. Whether we were passing staff in the hallway or being served at the restaurant or bar, there was always a big smile and an "Aloha!" greeting from everyone. The luau was amazing, definitely exceeding our expectations! The hotel was absolutely beautiful. Employees took the time to explain different excursions and other sites around the area which meant a lot to us, especially this being our first vacation to the island. We would also like to mention that Rebecca and Victor at the beach bar were wonderful bartenders and always took the time to chat with us and recommend different points of interest. I would recommend the Royal Lahaina Resort to anyone, as it was an all round amazing spot to relax and enjoy your vacation to the fullest!

Room Tip: A higher floor with a partial ocean view is what we had and we had a great view of the ocean and mountains
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ann S

Mahalo for the 5-Star review. Glad that you enjoyed your time in Hawaii and particularly your interactions with some of our Associates here at the resort! We look forward to welcoming you back. Aloha!