“nice lagoon for snorkeling”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lahaina
Honokeana Cove Condominiums
Reviewed February 25, 2010

My family and I have stayed at this location for many years...the lagoon and sites are wonderful...however, I feel that the place hasnt been updated since the 15+ years since we first stayed there. It is a quiet location and I would recommend it to seniors... My husband felt like it was too much like a retirement home......it is a great snorkeling location with many sea turtles..

Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Salongirl45

Reviewed February 6, 2010

Been going to the Cove for thirteen years and going back August 2010. Regardless of what you read the place is kid friendly as I have taken my kids, grandkids and their friends. For sure it is not a play ground place but enough to do to keep a kid/child entertained. It is not a party all night place, which is good, and I engage in the consumption of adult beverages and no one has said a thing to me. We have stayed in seven different units and they are all a little different and some need updating and some offer more than others but you do not have a bad choice. And, now with the video tour you can see what you are getting. Been there March, April August and October always beautiful. Su, Betty and Dave are always friendly and helpful (if you need help.) We take advantage of our ability to travel and keep coming back to the COVE as it is truly an R&R place. The BQ, which is modern and clean allows for wonderful "home cooked" BQed meals along with several very good restaurants close by for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank GCSQ
Reviewed May 30, 2009

Honokeana Cove is wonderful. Gorgeous views, great landscaping, wonderful staff, snorkeling at your doorstep. All this beauty is destroyed by the fact that they allow smoking (cigarette and cigar!) throughout the property. Nonsmokers cannot even enjoy sitting on their lanai enjoying the breeze because, despite the constant wind, the stench of smoke prevails. Unfortunately, until they change their policy we will not be reurning and choosing to stay nearby at Napili Shores where smoking is prohibited everywhere as is the case in most of Maui. It is just as nice as Honokeana Cove but what is missing for us will be the wonderful staff.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2009

Like a previous reviewer said, this is a great place to kick back, relax, and enjoy the cove and the turtles. We also stayed in condo #105, for 3 nights, and we also found the main, back bedroom to be moldy. We didn't realize it until late our first night, and only having a few precious days and nights in Maui, we didn't want to be bothered packing bak up, moving about and unpacking again, so we also slept on the floor in the living room. Turned out great, because we didn't have to deal with as much noise as there was in the back bedroom. Overall, a great location to stay in Maui.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2008

Just returned from 10 days of heaven. Have stayed in Hawaii more than 50 times and in almost every resort on Maui. This place is wonderful! If you are looking for Hyatt amenities, don't stay here. If you are looking for room service or a cocktail waitress at the pool, don't stay here. However, if you are looking for oceanfront beauty and falling asleep and awakening to the sounds of the surf, then definately stay here. To the people that complain that their children weren't welcomed? GREAT!! PLEASE don't go back. It's your crying babies and gecko catchers that made it not so great for everyone else! Even though you think they are "cute" you are the only ones that think so!! Nightimers? Also dont stay here. This place closes down at 10:00 which is why most of us like coming here! Betty and Su... Mahalo! Dave and your wife! - Thank you for keeping the grounds so beautiful and peaceful!
Can't wait to come to your home again!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2008

We took our whole family to Maui for our 40th anniversary in July, 2007. What a wonderful vacation we had at Honokeana Cove!! We stayed there 10 days and we thoroughly enjoyed every minute. We had two condos, and they were totally different. They were both great - I especially liked ours which was room #205. We had a wonderful view of the cove which was right in front of our room. Our room was clean and bright - very neat and inviting. The other condo was very nice too, but further away from the water and much darker. But it was clean and perfect for a family of 5. The people who ran the resort were very nice and made us feel very welcome. The pool was perfect for the children, and the cove was fantastic for snorkling and swimming. If you want a sandy beach, it is in close walking distance. You can walk to many lovely restaurants for breakfast and dinner. It is a perfect location. We have friends and relatives who return to stay at this resort each year! On our next trip to Hawaii we would definitely return to spend another holiday at Honokeana Cove!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2008

We were presented at check-in with a large list of rules. i figured sure its just a boiler plate set to prevent problems from guests who are truly rowdy, stuff you put in a list so you don't suddenly have a frat party on the grounds but the next morning as I tossed a nerf football to my eight year old son, I was accosted by a grounds keeper pointing out the rule no ball playing. I was a bit shocked but decided to be very polite and talk to management about what was acceptable. In this discussion I pointed out that one of our pool toys was ruffly football shaped and was very soft and light and she told us no problem we could use it. But the the grounds manager saw it in the pool and said we would need to stop playing with it. I explained that I had already ok'ed the small pool toy with management. He proceeded to question me, which manager? what was her name? I finally said that I had no idea who he was but if the manager I saw in the office came here and told me to stop then I would but until then we need to leave it at that. He said he would take it up with her. He then showed me the rules again explaining that I was "playing with a ball" and I said I wanted to get back to my vacation now but he decided to talk for a 5 minutes more by which time my eight year old left the pool because the man scared him.

I will say they tried to be nice in the days that followed but seriously an offer of bananas and a smile was not going to make me like the place.

We did not talk to management again and they can say how they love children as they have responded to other complaints like this, but many of there owners, clients and grounds keepers clearly do not enjoy kids in any way. I promised my boy we would never stay here again. The sad news is the cove is perfect, the rooms are minimal but fine for the price. It is only the people that are the problem.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank martinpeters