“Love Maui Guest House!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Miami, Florida
“Love Maui Guest House!”
Reviewed January 29, 2011

Stayed at Maui Guest House 1/12/11-1/26/11 for two weeks. Upon arriving in my rental car (free parking right in front of the house), Barbara greeted me and helped me in with my bags. Upon entering this beautiful home, she showed me my room and took me on a tour of the home. The home has a large kitchen/dining room for everyone to use, comfortable seating area and a complimentary desk top computer to use. Also included are complimentary telephone calls within the U.S. There is an extensive DVD collection you may use (complimentary, of course). There is a large living room with a 42" flat screen TV and DVD player with more comfortable chairs and sofas. There is also a laundry room, towels for the beach, coolers for picnics - whatever you need. My room was gorgeous! It had a skylight, queen size bed with Tempurpedic mattress, refrigerator, 42" flat screen TV with DVD player, flickering night light, soft hot tub jacuzzi, beautiful stained glass windows and carved wood features. So comfortable, quiet and relaxing. Every day when I returned to my room, it was cleaned. There is also a salt water pool with beautiful deck, lounge chairs and BBQ grill. Tanna, the owner, is very knowledgeable about the island. She assisted me with some unforgettable dive trips. She and her staff know how to do it right and I was treated like a queen. When I had to leave, I felt I was leaving family. On my next trip to Maui, I plan on staying at the Maui Guest House three weeks!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Susan_Powers_2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Beloeil, Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2011

Our stay at the Maui Guest House in Lahaina, HI was absolutely wonderful ! Nestled in a cozy, quiet residential neighborhood, it had all the amenities one could think of and more:

Our room and in-suite bathroom were tastefully decorated (with and In-room private hot tub, no less), as was the rest of the home. A fully stocked kitchen (with a spice rack and condiments for just about any palate), laundry room, outdoor swimming pool, BBQ, lounging chairs, beach chairs, hammock, snorkel gear, beach towels, you name it !

The staff was very pleasant, amicable, helpful, which made our stay very enjoyable !
If you're looking for a great place to stay on Maui, give them a try, we're sure you'll love it as much as we did.

Nathalie & François (Canada & Australia)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 11, 2011

We booked a high priced resort on the beach followed by five nights at the Maui Guest House. We selected the Maui Guest House because of the excellent reviews and that it actually offered more than the resort. Our experience was as great as the previous reviews if not better. We loved the warmth and friendliness of all the staff, the breakfasts, unlimited complimentary cold beverages in the kitchen fridge, great tea and coffee selection, ice chests and frozen bottled water to use for the day's adventure, extensive DVD collection at no charge, free parking, free computer use, fridge in the room, conversation regarding the local lifestyle and lots of personal attention. My father calls the Maui Guest House his "home in Maui".

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank snorkelbugmunch
Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 5, 2011

My husband and I had the most wonderful time in Maui and it was only accentuated by our stay at the Maui Guest House. The reviews are true. Tanna delivers. She went above and beyond to make us feel welcome (during Christmas) and the place felt like a home away from home during our stay. The rooms are a luxury with a hot-tub in each along with complimentary toiletries. The house has been recently updated and it shows - from a nice deck/pool to state of the art bathrooms. It's a short walk from the house to Front Street and the beach. Tanna even provides beach gear at no extra cost. the We would definitely stay here again and again!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jenandreid
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 3, 2011

Everything you need is at the Maui Guesthouse. They have towels, beach towels, snokel equipment, boggie boards, a pool, and more. In addition, they have a very friendly staff who will help you with all your arrangements.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed December 26, 2010

My girlfriend and me stayed at Maui Guest House for a couple of days. Great place, free internet, body boards, snorkel gear, etc. .. and great breakfast.

Tanna and everybody there make you feel at home..

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed December 21, 2010

We found this place somewhat by accident because they don't have actively advertise. I believe I can thank Trip Advisor for that (Thanks Trip Advisor!). They are everything they claim to be. The B&B is beautifully decorated with recent renovations. No kids, no pets and quiet. Perfect for adults who want a quiet get-away. The B&B is setup for those sensitive to allergies - no carpets. Kitchen had all the important utensils and tools of the trade for making your own meals. Each room has own fridge, air conditioning, bathroom, TV, internet and hot tub. The two rooms in the back have a covered deck (great for relaxing). Pool and deck out front is very nice. BBQ on the deck for those so inclined. They have boogie boards, snorkeling gear, fins and other accessories that can be borrowed. We also liked the beds a lot -- memory foam rather than spring mattresses. There is also a washer/dryer.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple