We arrived after Christmas and left 11 days later. The rooms are costly, but you get so much more that you wouldn't get if you rented a condo. We were five in our party - 3 twenty-somethings and parents. The kids had one room near the front left of the house (not the greatest since the jacuzzi was in the room and no view) and parents had back room with lanai w jacuzzi and a view of the minimalist garden. Downside of the rooms was a lack of natural light due to so many stained glass windows -- the plus is that it's private and no musty curtains to smell. Our AC was noisy so we just opened our door in the evening and we were just fine with outside air. The house is pretty quiet - and they have a quiet time rule after 9 PM - might be hard to observe if you have young kids (not sure if they are encouraged here).
The pluses for a group of us traveling to keep other costs down and make our experience enjoyable:
- each room with a small fridge with a proper freezer for snacks, lunch fixings etc. that we got from Costco and nearby Safeway
- use of the main fridge, kitchen, condiments and other basics for fixing meals
- coolers and frozen water bottles to take along for our daily adventures
- beach towels, beach chairs
- snorkel gear: masks, fins, snorkels - in good condition and better than what you get on snorkel tours
- rental of underwater camera (decent Canon in waterproof housing) for just $10 / day
- free wifi (reception out on the deck wasn't too great, but fine inside)
- lots of movies to choose from for the DVD players in each room
- jacuzzi in each room for relaxing privately
- pool and lounge chairs on the deck in case you get tired of sandy beaches
- ability to use the property on the day you leave - our flight was late so we hung around the pool and deck as last attempt to get sun - and we were able to clean up before our flight.
- great staff - friendly and around but never intruding on your stay in the house - we did tend to sit out in the public areas due to our numbers
- neighbourhood feel -- not a resort area. Local families - especially fun on New Year's Eve when everyone had their fireworks going all evening. That was a night when the 9 PM quiet time wasn't observed ;-)
Great experience. Would recommend a stay here and would stay again on our next visit to Maui.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood between historic Lahaina and the beach resorts of Kaanapali, The Guest House is the perfect location as your “home” to explore the island of Maui. Just a block from Wahikuli Beach, enjoy phenomenal snorkeling.Guest rooms are setup for maximum privacy, each with their own hot tub, yet there is plenty of space to mingle. Full breakfast, kitchen, laundry, internet access, salt water pool, discount car rentals and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Maui Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maui Guest House Hotel Lahaina
- Maui Guest House Lahaina