This condo resort was rated as a best of best in the book Hawaii for dummies and also reviewed well in another book. Having never beent o hawaii and after shopping around I was a bit nervous as I thought between the price and what was shown on the website this was "TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE." I will warn you if you are used to five star, ultra luxury with ever amenity imagineable this may not be for you, but if you are looking for paradise on a budget - you can stay here and enjoy paradise.
First I will give you waht some would consider the bad - you only have maid service once a week (but you could get towels if you needed). No beach, but there was a sandy public beach right next door - that seemed to only have hotel guests and few surfers there anyway. No air conditioning. - large ceiling fan, and proximity to the water made it breezy and comfortable.
Lacked a bit of privacy - with no A/C you needed to keep the lanai door open and the front entrance had louvred blinds on it that needed to stay open for cross breeze.
The free welcome breakfast - left a lot to be desired in terms of food - some Costco Muffins and a cut up pineapple that was it. However, the info that Bruce the concierge provided was good and he saved a lot of people some money booking their activities. However it was an hour and half long and being our first day we were anxious to get moving.
We stayed in the Orchid building which was the closest of the three to the water, and had a Studio Deluxe Unit (Unit 218 to be exact). it was amazing. Everything in our unite had been newly renovated. You walked into a galley style kitchen, that was stocked with things you need for day to day living. Incuding blender, coffee pot and toaster. The cabinet was even stocked with books to read and a safe.
The bathroom had a large changing room with tons of drawers and a closet. The closet even had beach mats, beach chairs and small cooler to use. The owners had a DVD player and stereo in the room and even had binoculars so you could watch for whales or surfers. We saw turtles playing in the water right outside the lanai. During our stay a lot of kite surfers and surfers were out in the water.
Studio units did not have a washer or dryer, but there was a laundry room in our buidling.
The rest of the studio had a dining room, queen size bed, tv and fold out couch. when you were in bed you could look out and the ocean and the island of Molokai. To fall asleep to the waves and awake to that view was pure luxury.
I would say you could get a way with a Studio Deluxe for a family with one or two small children but not four adults traveling together. Each unit is individually owned so they are all a bit different, our friends stayed in unit 217 right next door to us. Their unit was nice had several of the same amenities, but was bit dated in the decor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maui Vacation You've Always Dreamed Of........ Away from the tour busy crowds of high rise hotels and overdeveloped resort areas, there is a unique, private haven where you can still enjoy all the peace, tranquility and Aloha Spirit of Old Hawaii. Maui No Ka Oi! All of our Maui vacation condos for rent are oceanfront, not just ocean view, like so many other Maui vacation condo rentals. Enjoy the best of Maui in our oceanfront resort condos. Relax in our swimming pools, Jacuzzi, private lanais and tropical island setting, just steps from the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Noelani Condominium Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Noelani Condominium Hotel Lahaina
- Noelani Maui
- Noelani Condominium Resort Maui/Lahaina