I am writing this review as we are still on vacation at the Noelani in #106. This condo really needs some upgrading. The chairs at the table are SO bad you can't lean back because they are so broken down you feel like you are going all the way backwards! The couch is really dated and the pull out sleeper is extremely uncomfortable and they didn't even provide sheets for it! The chair in the living room is really uncomfortable also. THEN, there was no remote for the TV in the living room, the one for the stereo is grossly sticky, and the one in the bedroom........the batteries are SCOTCH TAPED into remote! The cover is gone.
First off, I agree that the location could not be better. Right smack on the water with an amazing view and Hawaiian green sea turtles every day to enjoy. BUT we have been bitten by bugs since the first night in this condo! We wake up with big red welts and itchy. I went to the office and spoke the manager about it, and she was EXTREMELY rude about it and said "what do you want me to do about it"? WHAT!!!! She said she could move us to another room for a night but we would have to move back the following day. What good would that do? I have NEVER been treated SO poorly by any staff much less a manager of a resort! Needless to say we are still in the room and still getting chewed!!!! Secondly, we are hearing EVERY footstep of the people above us and they walk all day and all night. They walk very heavy, opening and slamming drawers and you can actually hear them talking too! When they play music it is like it echoes through our condo! They are walking back and forth back and forth back and forth as I am writing this. I would go to the office to say something, but I know if they wouldn't do something about bugs, they certainly wouldn't do anything about horribly noisy neighbors! Thirdly, if you want to sleep soundly, this is NOT the place either! The road is right behind the complex so you do get a LOT of road noise. Don't let the office tell you that you don't like they did us when we booked, because you do!!! The bedrooms are on the road side!!! You not only hear all cars, trucks, brakes, you hear everyone walk by, playing their tv's in their bedrooms, the cars starting, kids yelling, babies crying, and the housekeepers walking by early with their carts etc. So when read other reviews that say there is road noise, believe it. There is!!!! Bring your industrial ear plugs!!!! If you are looking or a quiet relaxing resort, this is NOT it!!!!! If you just want a beautiful location, with phone calls from the resort on a daily basis which are annoying, with a lot of commotion constantly, then this is the place!!!
Oh, they are also hammering, sawing, throwing tools etc on a condo up and 2 down from us that starts around 9am every morning and we are hearing everything. Again, SO relaxing :-(
We come to Maui on almost a yearly basis and have always stayed at another condo that unfortunately just wasn't available this trip. For us, we will NEVER return to Noelani and will NOT recommend it to anyone!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maui Vacation You've Always Dreamed Of........ Away from the tour busy crowds of high rise hotels and overdeveloped resort areas, there is a unique, private haven where you can still enjoy all the peace, tranquility and Aloha Spirit of Old Hawaii. Maui No Ka Oi! All of our Maui vacation condos for rent are oceanfront, not just ocean view, like so many other Maui vacation condo rentals. Enjoy the best of Maui in our oceanfront resort condos. Relax in our swimming pools, Jacuzzi, private lanais and tropical island setting, just steps from the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Noelani Condominium Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Noelani Condominium Hotel Lahaina
- Noelani Maui
- Noelani Condominium Resort Maui/Lahaina