All reviews friday mornings sea turtles mai tai coastal trail returning guests herb garden ocean view restaurants within walking distance great snorkeling the ground floor grocery store paddle boarding beautiful grounds beach access minute drive napili tano
Reviewed May 20, 2016

Napili Surf Beach Resort is a wonderful spot for your Hawaiian vacation. Low key, right on beautiful Napili Bay, it is far better than one of the high rise hotels or condos in Kanapali. You are just steps from the beach and wonderful snorkeling - lots of fish and turtles.
It is located on the northwest part of Maui, so it often gets morning and evening showers. These help keep it a little cooler than, say, Lahaina.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. They have their Aloha on at all times.
This is a spot we try and return to every year.

Room tip: Check out their website you can take virtual tours of the rooms.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank JohnC1350
Reviewed May 17, 2016

We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay. Our room had a great view of beautiful Napili Bay. We had a large covered balcony which we enjoyed often. We were on the 2nd floor and the pool was below us. We were concerned it might be noisy but thanks to the quiet hours, (I think from 9-9:00) we didn't hear a thing at night except the soothing sounds of the waves. There is no air-conditioning but none was needed. There were windows on 2 ends of our room, which created a wonderful cross breeze. This resort is on the south end of Napili Bay and every afternoon we could see several turtles in the water from the edge of the property.

Room tip: We picked out our particular room from their website. We enjoyed the ocean view.
Date of stay: April 2016
Reviewed May 12, 2016

Even though we were only able to stay 2 nights here, we could not have asked for better. Jules was awesome getting us checked in and helped us to get tickets for a luau on my birthday. We enjoyed having breakfast oceanside and her advise on the best beach close by was top notch. We were able to catch a beautiful sunset our first night there. We will stay here again if we get to come back to Maui.

Room tip: We had a garden view and enjoyed the quiet. Next trip we will try to get an ocean view.
Date of stay: April 2016
1  Thank 496deb
Reviewed May 9, 2016 via mobile

What can I say? This resort was everything we needed. Just as adbertised-- it is incredibly peaceful, management is super friendly and accommodating. Even if you don't opt for the ocean view, the entire facility is very scenic and you're never more than 30 seconds from the Beach. Good parking as well. The rooms are very well equipped and you could easily just be comfortable preparing food in the fill kitchen, barbecuing, and sitting at the beautiful beach. Very comfortable place. honestly this is probably the best value in West Maui. my only regret is not staying here longer! I will 100% be back.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed May 8, 2016

I've been to Hawaii at least 15 times and this ranks at the top of my list in terms of good value for money. I usually enjoy changing locations and accommodation so I can get a new and different experience but I would definitely stay here again.

Here are the main reasons:
It's quiet, steps from the beach, rooms are super clean, rooms have a large, furnished balcony (aka lanai) which is nice for enjoying meals, property grounds are well maintained, staff is extremely helpful and friendly, beach chairs and towels are good quality and provided free of charge, you can walk a short distance down the beach to a nice restaurant, many other restaurants are within a close walk or drive, free parking, free wifi (but didn't really care about that too much because I'm on vacation!), you can rent paddle boards and snorkeling gear at the shop next door (ask front desk for coupon), we saw a mongoose hiding under a tree (super cool!), rooms have full kitchen, property is close (very quick drive) to small grocery shop, fantastic snorkeling (we saw several turtles and a variety of fish) and there are a few shade trees along the beach.
We didn't mind at all that there was no air conditioning. All the windows and doors were screened so we left them open and let the trade winds do their job. It was fine for us - no problem at all.
The location is also really convenient if you prefer to walk back to your room for lunch or a cold beverage. There's no need to pack your lunch and coolers and drag it all down to the beach. Lahaina is about 15 minute drive and although it was charming and had some interesting history, we visited one afternoon and I'm glad we did, it looked to me like it was mostly about shopping and I'm not really into that. I'd rather be in the water.....
We stayed in a 'Garden View' room (#222). It was upstairs looking over the pool and we really enjoyed it. The pool was mostly empty except for once. There was an older couple in the pool for a couple of hours in the late afternoon and they were very quiet. The entire area was very quiet and although our building was in the back of the property, we felt like the cost savings was well worth it. I THINK there are 3 buildings, 2 with ocean views and 1 without. If I were saving money and staying in a room without an ocean view, I would be very happy to have room #222 again.

Room tip: If you're looking to save money and get a room without a view, our Garden View room #222 was very nice (see pics).
4  Thank Penny M