Napili beach may be one of the few tourist beaches in all of Hawaii that is unencumbered by a large high-rise hotel/"resort and spa." Instead this soft sandy beach, with the world's best view of nearby Molokai, has only a few oceanfront 2-story properties, like the Napili Surf.
There's no spa at the Surf, or gym, or infinity pool, or assortment of fancy restaurants (not even one), or elevators, or valets, bellmen or "resort fees."
All you get is the Pacific ocean, which is about 30 steps from your room (I counted). And, the room has a fully stocked kitchen, modern bathroom, plush bath and beach towels, and decent beds. All for just $ 200 + per night.
Now, be warned, there's no A/C, and the cloth window drapes will let the early morning sunshine into the bedroom, and the landscaping crew is hard at work each morning with various loud mowers and weed whackers. And then there's the famous northwest Maui weather, with some breezes, clouds, raindrops. These are minor annoyances in an otherwise perfect setting.
We saw whales from the shore, and at the north end of Napili beach there are several turtles who've taken up residence. You can walk over to see them in the tidepools, or snorkel near them in the shallow (5' deep) water near the shore. It's a turtle's life at the Napili Surf.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint beachfront property is right on beautiful Napili Bay, a mere 50 to 150 steps into the amazing clear ocean water. Swimming, snorkeling, sun-bathing and stand up boarding are all available a few feet from your room. We are located along Kapalua and its world-class golf courses, Napili Surf Beach Resort is minutes away from Kaanapali and historic Lahaina Town. Fully-equipped condos offer the amenities and convenience of a resort, including daily housekeeping service and complimentary wireless Internet, with the comfort of your own home. Beautiful oceanfront grounds, two swimming pools, three barbecues, each with its own herb garden. Napili Surf Beach Resort is a non-smoking property. Please note that our rooms do not have air-conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Napili Surf Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napili Surf Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Napili Surf Beach Lahaina
- Napili Surf Beach Resort Maui/Lahaina