“Noisy at the Shores”

Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed February 17, 2006

we were pleased with the location of the hotel and our room was dated but clean. We were disappointed with the location of our room we were in #236.We heard the road construction, parking lot activities and all the visitors coming and going to and from the hotel restaurant. Lets just say we didn't get much sleep.Request a room near the water and you will be fine. They were unable and unwilling to move us do to full capacity.

• Stayed: February 2006
6  Thank chandygirl

Reviewed January 8, 2006

We spent our week (12/30-1/6) on Maui in an oceanview condo at Napili Shores. I would highly recommend unit G-155; not only is the view from the lanai beautiful, but the condo was very clean, well decorated, and had a fully stocked kitchen. The Napili Shores has very nice grounds; there is a huge lawn and lots of plumeria trees and tropical foliage. There are also 2 pools (1 oceanfront) and a jacuzzi. There are BBQ facilities scattered around the property, with nice gas grills. And don't forget to eat at the Gazebo restaurant which is located next to the oceanfront pool- excellent breakfast (if you are starving and don't want to wait in line you can call in your order, pick it up, and then eat on your lanai). One of the best features of the Napili Shores is its proximity to the gorgeous beach of Napili Bay. A very short walk down a paved path leads you to the white sand and warm turquoise water.
I love the Napili area; this was our second trip to Maui, and I don't think we would stay anywhere else. On Napili Bay there are no high-rise resorts- it has more of the feel of what I imagine old Hawaii was like. And we loved the price; per night we paid a fraction of what the big resorts in Kaanapali and Wailea charge. Maui is a beautiful paradise and I can't wait to visit again. And when we do I would not hesitate to stay at the Napili Shores.

• Stayed: January 2006
27  Thank as985
Reviewed December 25, 2005

The Napili Shores is a wonderful place for a family vacation. My parents and I spent 4 wonderful nights here in a 1BR oceanview. The resort is not luxurious but IS beautiful and quite well maintained. I would recommend it to families with children -- I also think the oceanfront studios would be great for couples. It's quiet, peaceful, and right next to a great beach. Great value for Hawaii, too. I'd definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: December 2005
13  Thank konagirl
Reviewed December 25, 2005

After hours of searching reviews, we decided to let the Napili Shores host our first visit to Maui. The location is quiet and convenient, easy to find. We enjoyed a second floor ocean view studio unit, which was equipped with a full kitchen. With a market located at the turnoff of the main road (1/4 mile from the resort) we enjoyed home cooked meals nearly every nite, saving a bundle for other activities. The kitchen WAS fully equipped with pots 'n pans, full set of dishes, glasses and coffee cups for like 6 or 8 people, all cooking utensils, can openers, and they even supplied clean kitchen towels and paper towels. A clean microwave and four burner stove/oven and a full sized fridge (with ice maker) made things so convenient. We stayed in unit 213.

Our lanai had a clear view of Molokai across the channel. The sitting/viewing area to sit and watch surf (turtles and whales too!) was kept clean and had plenty of chairs. There are several barbeques at each of the two pools, which were cleaned every morning by the attentive staff (no lie, I sat and watched them do so while sipping my kona every morning!). At the lower pool you will find the Gazebo Restaurant, and surprisingly when locals asked us where we were staying, they would immediately recognize the resort as the location of the Gazebo! Great pancakes!

One thing to note, unless you ask, there is maid service only every 3rd day. When we realized it though, we asked for towel service daily and they were happy to accomodate.

Plumaria trees decorate the grounds, as well as other lush vegitation, all kept up daily by the gardening staff.

In short, we're planning our next visit for next December, may take our kids next time. We loved the stay.

23  Thank scropp
A TripAdvisor Member
North Carolina
Reviewed December 9, 2005

Our first trip to Maui and we spent 5 days here. The location is what I was looking for, a quiet place close the beach. We spent most of our daytime elsewhere doing activities and nights sleeping. The grounds are well kept and the lower pool area is right next to the ocean which made sitting on a chair slurping down a drink watching the sun set quite nice. It's a short walk to the beach and there is reasonable snorkeling there. We were fortunate enough to have a turtle join us as we snorkelled in the bay. Plenty of turtles in the bay next door or right out in the surf in front of the lower pool (we saw about a dozen). Travelociy botched the reservation, but the front desk clerk made it right and upgraded us to ocean view (B113). Sitting on the Lanai for breakfast was nice, it is just as easy to walk to the lower pool and sit ocean front.

The place is not walking distance to stores and shops, so you have to drive if you want those activites. The sound of the surf at night was ideal for a quiet place like this. I recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2005
18  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Apple Valley, MN
Reviewed December 8, 2005

We just got back from 10 nights in Hawaii, 2 spent at the Outrigger Napili Shores. We had an oceanfront room (175) and loved the location to the pool and the beach, also the best thing was our patio which was about 30 feet away from the shore and had an awesome view (we're talking postcard paradise). I was a little worried about booking a hotel without A/C, but it wasn't a concern. The fan and the breeze kept the place a very pleasant temperature. The only warning I would give about the Oceanfront Studio room is that the waves crashing on the beach at night are very loud. If you are a light sleeper like me, you may want to opt for a Gardenview room instead, or at least bring your earplugs. Even the second night my wife complained about the sound and she's a heavy sleeper, but the view and the patio were worth it. Definitely a nice little place to stay, very close to everything. There was a kitchen in our unit (there is in all I believe) so that was really nice to keep snacks and have breakfast on the patio overlooking the ocean. The price was awesome, you won't get oceanfront for the price of the Outrigger anywhere else in Maui.

• Stayed: November 2005
18  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 24, 2005

The Outrigger Napili Shores has beautiful grounds and awesome views of the ocean and other islands. I was somewhat nervous about booking this hotel because the people I talked to that had been to Maui told me I should stay in Kaanapali. I was so glad that I booked a hotel in Napili Bay. Very pleasant and low key atmosphere to come back to after exploring the island. The only issue we had was that for 2 full days of our 5 day stay, the maintenance crew was power sanding/grinding the tile of the upper pool which our room overlooked. When we asked to be moved the only room they said was available was only one building away so we didn't bother.
I would recommend walking over to the Napili Kai Seahouse restaurant for breakfast. They said that they also had entertainment at night but we never got back to hear it. It was right on the sand and gives you a different view of the bay. The Gazebo was also terrific and we loved watching the sea turtles in the waves.

• Stayed: November 2005
9  Thank Maddy2246
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Maui Coast Hotel
#1 of 3 in Kihei
The Mauian Hotel on Napili Beach
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort

Been to Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger? Share your experiences!