Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Kahana Falls(Lahaina)
View Hotel
All reviewsgazebo restaurantupper poolocean frontmacadamia nut pancakeshot tubplumeria treesfull kitchenoceanfront studiothere is no air conditioningturtle baygarden viewlouvered windowslow keybody surfingminute driveevery morninggreat snorkeling
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2005

I stayed here for 2 nights this month with my mom. We booked our room through Travelocity[...] for a good rate. Upon arrival, the front desk could not find our reservation, but they immediately upgraded us to a 1 bedroom garden (from a studio garden), so we were happy. The room was spotless, and had everything that we needed. No air conditioning, but with the ocean brezzes and ceiling fans, it was fine. The 2nd night, they gave us another option of upgrading to a 1 bedroom ocean view, which we glady accepted. The staff is very nice and so friendly which gave a warm first impression os Maui! We never ate at the Gazebo restaurant but it was always full and I know it is highly recommended.

We had a full kitchen so it was nice to buy groceries and eat breakfast on the lanai. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained, with 2 pools, and all amenities were very nice. Napili Bay is adjacent and a 1 minute walk over some rocks to get to. If you are looking for an elaborate resort, this place is not for you. It's a smaller, cozier stay. I would definitely return.

The only downside is that the 1 bedrooms have an open window (up high) facing the parking lot, which can be a bit noisy. Otherwise, a great stay!

Stayed: September 2005
9  Thank VanBC_girl
Reviewed September 13, 2005

Napili Shores was what I expected. A fairly quiet, serve yourself piece of paradise in heaven. At time the pool area can be loud, so if you want quiet, ask for a room away from the pools. Other then that, everything is spotless. The condo has everything you need to make yourself at home. The BBQ grills are plentiful, clean and great to use. It is also a nice place to meet new friends and share ideas for cooking. Seeing the turtles in the morning out in the bay was a great way to start off each day. While the maid service was every three days, that worked out very well. Full time around the clock security walked the hotel giving us a very safe feeling.
This condo is not the Westin or the Marriott. You are about 5 miles for a grocery store and 8 miles to Lahaina, but that is one of the beauty parts. Very little if any crowds. What Napili Shores is is a very wonderful place to come home to each day with a great view, clean park like setting, your choice of two very nice pools and wonderful people. If that is what you are looking for, you will find it here.

• Stayed: September 2005
8  Thank PeterV54301
Reviewed August 6, 2005

Stayed in studio for one night. It was fine, although no bargain. However, the front desk staff were extremely nice. The resort is right on Napili Bay, which we loved. Calm, warm water, and the best snorkeling withouth going out far. The reef is easy to swim to, tons of fish, and enough sea turtles to make seeing at least one pretty likely. Having discovered this, we wanted to spend as much time as possible at the beach on the day of our checkout (and flight back to the mainland). Although late checkout wasn't availble, they provided a "hospitality room" for one hour in the early afternoon so that we could shower and pack our stuff. Wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2005
11  Thank dabbler45
Reviewed July 26, 2005

We stayed here 07/18/05 - 07/21/05. This condo was just perfect for us. The grounds are beautiful. Even though their description says that it's not a "beach front" or at least in the Funjet travel brouchure....it is beach front. Directly in front on the condo is rocks that are in the ocean you can walk on, there is a walking gate connecting it to the beach.

They do not have a/c. Our room was beach front and not having a/c wasn't a problem at all--even in July. The wind blows constantly. Being from Texas--I was very nervous about not having a/c.

We will definatley stay here on our next trip.

8  Thank sfa1996
A TripAdvisor Member
Virginia
Reviewed July 26, 2005

This was our first time to Hawaii and I don't think that I could have chosen a better place to stay. The grounds were just like the pictures, the Plumeria trees were abundent and smelled wonderful. The first morning, I walked down to the water and just loved the landscape. Directly on the water was the lava beach with sea life. To one side was a beautiful sand beach that families could enjoy. To the other side was an incredible lagoon with some of the best snorkeling that I've seen on the island(coral, fish, etc..). An added bonus was the 7 or so sea turtles that live there. The lagoon was protected from rough currents and I was there almost every spare moment.

The grounds of the hotel were very well cared for, the pools clean, and many people took advantage of the gas grills that were scattered throughout.

The location is about a 15minute drive from Lahaina and had plenty of nearby markets and accomodations. For example, if you are snorkeling, Snorkel Bobs is a 1/2 mile walk where you can get top quaility gear at very low prices. All rooms have a full kitchen (with plates, blender, etc) so we found the market a welcome convenience.

This is not a 5 star hotel golf resort - however, if I stayed in a place like that, I would think I would have regretted it. It just would not have given me the intimate feel of Hawaii I was looking for.

• Stayed: July 2005