This particular unit gets excellent reviews for good reason. Very clean, very comfortable for 4 adults. The people were friendly, most kept to themselves. It felt private and was soooo relaxing!
Let's start with the important stuff.
Location and views.
Napili point is about 45 minutes from the airport, although this can be a slow drive during rush hours as much of it is single lane. There is plenty of parking. The units are labeled A, B, C. This is a C unit that has two bedrooms on the same level which we liked. Most C units here have a loft as the second bedroom. C-37 is also located at the end of the building so it enjoys more windows and cross ventilation--very important.
This unit is elevated and has a wonderful ocean view from the living room and especially from the large wraparound balcony. We saw two full rainbows from the deck.The cove where sea turtles surface and eat is maybe 50 yards away as you look across one of the pools. The location is quiet although the bedrooms in the back are located about 50 feet from a small road.
This cove, called Honokeana Cove, has very, very good snorkeling. It is almost entirely protected from the surf and is often glassy smooth. Many sea turtles any time of day from smaller to 4 foot giants. Lots of colorful coral too but not a ton of fish. Water visibility was fair to good while the water temp in June was about 80 degrees or so. Also there is great snorkeling a few minutes up the coast at numerous sites including Slaughterhouse Bay.
There is also a nice sand beach about a 5 minute walk north if you want to sun bathe and do a bit of splashing. Very nice for children as the waves aren't too big.
Also at the the next door property is the "famous" Gazebo restaurant. Nice views, good food, big breakfast portions (easily shared), but expect a 20 minute wait at almost any time, except near closing.
They have nice furniture that is functional and comfortable. The king sized bed in the master was very comfortable. They normally have two twins in the second bedroom but they pushed them together with nice pad to make a king for my brother and his wife.
Small flat screen TVs in LR and in both bedrooms. Several bar stools at the kitchen counter. In the living room is a larger round dining table that could seat 6 easily. There is one basic chaise lounge on the large deck and a nice patio table set with seating for four. There are some nice pictures on the walls and other Hawaiian objects here and there.
There are two bathrooms which are basic and fairly small with a shower over the tub. The master bedroom has a separate vanity sink area while the hall bath has the vanity in the room with the toilet and shower.
C-37 is very clean with lots and lots of supplies and a kitchen that is better equipped than my home. Leave your beach towels at home. Before you buy any supplies, check out the spices, pots, pans, silverware, toaster, blender, bottle openers, glasses, etc. in the condo. You will also find lots of different teas, sugars, coffees, filters, etc.
Good size locking safe in master bedroom. Internet is $10/day with a break for a full week. Wired and very fast. Air conditioner in second bedroom which we never used. The tradewinds of 10 to 20 mph were blowing all the time after 12 noon or so. The unit was very comfortable with the windows open. Nice quiet fans in every room kept the air moving too.
I did not use the pools but my wife said they were pleasant. Only one umbrella so bring your sunscreen.
We barbecued at one of the many gas grills and they worked well and were clean. There are picnic tables so enjoy your meal oceanside.
Do yourself a favor and shop at the local market in the shopping center about 5 minutes away. You can walk there but the road is very tight with no sidewalk, kinda tricky. (C-37 has an insulated wheeled shopping cart and nice canvas bags to carry groceries.) Very decent prices, nice selection of deli stuff and great meats. Prices there compare well to Safeway which is 20 minutes away. Rum was actually less! Another tip. Buy your roasted chicken at this market rather than at the chicken and ribs place next door--about 1/3rd the price!
There are more turtles in this cove than you will see on the snorkeling cruises. Save your money unless you must snorkel Molokini.
Bring some good open shoes like Teva's for walking to your snorkeling in the cove. The lava can be tricky and flip flops can be problematic. There are a few smooth easy places to get in and out depending on the tide. If you want really easy access to the cove walk to the next property south and they have a cement ramp with a bar that you can hold onto while adjusting your mask or putting on your fins.
Also, wear a dark T shirt while you are snorkeling. It prevents sunburn on your back, shoulders and keeps you a tad warmer. I use one that is synthetic as it dries faster. Buy some spray sunburn protection and be sure to apply to the top of your head. Why? When you lie in the water, a large round spot on your head will not have any hair covering it. It will get fried after 20 minutes in this tropical sun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled above shimmering Honokeana Bay, Napili Point Resort is a 115 unit low rise condominium where every condo has an incredible ocean view. In the distance, the islands of Moloka'i and Lana'i rise from the warm waters of the blue Pacific, silhouetting spectacular legendary Maui sunsets. Relax at one of our two oceanfront swimming pools set amid our beautifully landscaped tropical grounds or our outdoor barbecues and picnic tables. Watch the waves roll into Honokeana Bay and during the winter months (December thru April) witness the humpback whales cavorting in the distance. This is the view from your own lanai. Here, you will find a quiet, relaxed and scenic Hawaiian atmosphere. This is your home in paradise...Enjoy some of the best snorkeling and swimming on Maui in Honokeana Bay. Multi-colored coral and countless tropical fish and sea turtles await you in the Bay - literally just steps outside your door. It's like an aquarium except that it's entirely natural and you swim among the fish and coral instead of looking through a window! At the tip of our "point" you will find tide pools filled with crabs, tiny hatchling tropical fish and countless other species to investigate. It's a great place to enjoy the natural beauty of the sea while only getting your feet wet! As a value rental program guest, you will enjoy the following amenities: Daily Housekeeping Service, Full Kitchen, Washer & Dryer, Hair Dryer, Lanai with Ocean View, Color TV with DVD Player, In-room Safe Two Swimming Pools, BBQs and Picnic Areas, Weekly Nature Walk, Pineapple Cutting Demonstration, Free WiFI and Broadband internet available. For broadband, you just need to provide your laptop computer with an ITC Ethernet jack (the Ethernet cord is provided in each unit). BBQ: 5 gas and 1 charcoal - guests must provide their own charcoal and lighter fluid. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Napili Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napili Point Hotel Lahaina
- Napili Point Lahaina
- Napili Point Resort Maui/Lahaina