Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina & Napili Towers
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Kaanapali Alii(Lahaina)
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)
2,023 results
All reviewslanai towermarriott vacation clubmarriott ownerscommunal kitchentime sharemarriott pointsfull kitchenpirate shipmain poolwhalers villageparking structurepool barbeach walktimeshare propertysmall fridgehula grillbedroom suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2009

My family owns a timeshare here at the Maui Ocean Club and so we go every year to this little piece of "Paradise". I look forward to the trip all year long and starting about now when I am 5 weeks out from going is when I get really excited! I can't say enough great things about this resort and location. We have weeks in both the old towers and new Lahaina tower. The older towers Molokai and Lanai don't have the full kitchen that some would like but the new towers Napili and Lahaina sure do and they are fantastic! You can use all the pools no matter where you stay and the staff is always willing to help with anything that may arise. I would tell anyone that is thinking of going to Hawaii to for sure pick Maui Ocean Club for your resort! Oh there also a members party once a week that anyone staying there can attend and it has free drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) as well as free prizes!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank MinnesotaMauiGirl
Reviewed January 20, 2009

We stayed at the Marriott Ocean Club from 1/4-1/9 2009. We had a great time! The pool is great for kids and I would recommend it to anyone with young children. The rooms were clean and comfortable and it was great having two bathrooms. We paid approx. 250.00 a night without taxes. However, advertised prices for the hotel can go up to 500.00 a night - for this price I would say it is overpriced and not worth it. The price we paid per night was reasonable and appropriate for all the amenities.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank vacore
Reviewed January 15, 2009

I was actually pleasantly surprised at the Ocean Club. My father gave a free time share week to my wife and me to the Marriott. The staff was very nice from the minute we arrived. We were promptly greeted and escorted to the front desk. Check in was quick and easy. Our only issue during our whole trip was that our room keys did not work when we checked in. After a long flight this was not what we wanted to deal with. I went back to the lobby and they made new keys and a staff member escorted me upstairs which was a nice touch. The keys still did not work so he had to call maintenance. They arrived quickly and fixed the issue with the electronic lock. Yes it was an inconvenience but they were prompt and got is resolved. As I said this was the only issue all week.

The condo is basically two hotel rooms converted into a timeshare. The front room has a tv, couch (pull out bed), kitchenette, desk and patio. The second room is a bedroom that also has a patio. Both rooms have their own bathrooms. For 2 adults this was plenty of room. You could probably have 2 kids as well and it would be fine, but 4 adults would be crowded. If you are used to staying in hotel rooms with flat screen TV's and modern furniture that looks like it is from Ikea, then yes the furniture is outdated. Honestly we spent so little time in the room it didn't matter. The bed is big and comfortable. The kitchen includes a small refrigerator (but it is bigger than your standard dorm room fridge). We went to the grocery store and bought breakfast food (cereal, milk) , sandwich stuff for lunch, beer and wine. We were able to put everything in the fridge that needed to go and had plenty of room. There is a coffee maker so get coffee. Also included is a toaster, a microwave and a dish washer. The kitchen was fine for the basic essentials. There are a number of very nice grills downstairs by the pool if you want to cook something (they looked very nice and clean and had grilling utensils attached to them).

As far as the construction noise goes, we had none whatsoever. Our room was next to the new building they are about to open and we never heard any noise. I assume it is opening in the next few weeks although it may be opened already.

There is very little beach in front of the hotel. In fact the hotel has no beach chairs on the sand. That was the most disappointing things about the resort. Several of the hotels down the walkway had much better beach fronts the Marriott. The Main pool area is nice. It is quite large so it never seemed too crowded. If you have kids there is a water playground area for them to use which seemed pretty cool. The grounds of the hotel were well kept.

We did not eat at Longboards, but we did eat breakfast in the store by the pool one morning. The food was okay and service was prompt. We did use the pool bar on numerous occasions. The bartenders were always friendly and the service was great. They have flatscreen tv's in the bar facing each direction so you can catch sporting events (I love Hawaii-you can watch nighttime sporting events from the mainland in the late afternoon sitting by the beach as the sun sets).

The Marriott would not have been my first choice in Maui, but I must say it was a very nice stay. I would recommend this play for families with kids as there were numerous activities for everyone.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
8  Thank cseanmc
Reviewed January 6, 2009

We were at this resort from December 2008 into January 2009. We and another couple went to warm Maui from the cold New Jersey winter. Overall, we had a great time and think highly of the hotel and service.

If you are high maintaince, you may not like some aspests of the hotel.

The hotel was clean, but a little outdates in decor. You have to pay extra if you want a mid-week maid service. It was also annoying to have to call for fresh towels every few days.

There were a lot of kids in the pool and at times they did make a lot of noise while enjoying the pool. This did not bother us, as we knew what we were signing up for...a family resort, not couples only.

Longborads was a great place to eat. The Hula Grill was very bad and costly! We were there on New Years Eve, were rushed in and out in 30 minutes! The food was sooo bad and made us feel "off" for the rest of the night.

We walked along the path passing many of the other hotels and it looked as if we had the best location, with the best pool and view.

My husband and I went to the spa. I had an okay massage, but my husband hated his. My husband said that he wated to relax, but the women talked to him most of the time...annoying!

We spent more money on food than we expected because we did not have a over/stove. I believe the new section hadsthat, but not sure.

There are 2 airports in Maui, which we wished we knew. One is open until 4 PM and the other much later if not 24 hours, which can determine what flight you take from home. There is a COSCO on the way from the big airport to the hotel, I recommend stopping there to pick up food, The supermarket is super expensive!

If it were not for the 10 hour flight, I would return here again soon.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
5  Thank newjersey68
Reviewed December 31, 2008

We stayed a week here over Christmas in their older 1 bedroom condo. There was four of us and it was nice to have two full bathrooms. The bedroom was nice and roomy and the bed was wonderfully plush and comfortable. Unfortunately, the pull out couch was very springy and sagged in the middle. The kitchenette was small and we were disappointed that there was no oven or bigger fridge. Considering that we were spending a whole week there, it just wasn't sufficient for our needs. The furniture was a little worn out but in good condition. The staff was friendly and accomodating. There wasn't much of a beach, however the pool made up for that and we did not have any problem finding lounge chairs. Overall, our stay was pleasant, but we would try to get one of the newer 2-bd units with full kitchen next time.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family