Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina & Napili Towers
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I loved this hotel, we stayed for 8 days and I couldn't have asked for anything more! Our room faced the water, beautiful views of the beach. I sat on our balcony every morning having coffee purchased from the little shop by the pool I bought a cup for our stay which gives you free refills on all coffee, soft drinks, tea, etc.. Well worth the money for the week. The room was clean, the pool was clean and well maintained, the bed was comfortable, and beach in front of the hotel was great! We used a cabana one day, used it all day, ordered drinks and lunch and stayed there relaxing. We traveled with children and they had a blast at the pool and the beach. Walking distance to the little outdoor mall, which was nice and a short drive to Laihaina. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: It might be expensive but a room with an ocean view will be worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kristin V
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina & Napili Towers, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

We are thrilled you had an AHHHH-mazing stay! Thank you for your great review and we hope to see you again soon at Marriott's Maui Ocean Club!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,938)

Reviewed May 6, 2014

My family of 6 stayed here for a week in late April. We loved it!!!! The hotel is really clean and well furnished. We had a two bedroom villa. It was equipped with everything we needed. The hotels pools we very nice. My son and I really enjoyed the slide in the main pool. The staff was very helpful and Friendly. I love the location just a short walk to Black Rock great snorkel areal.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ali W

We love your awesome photos, Ali! Thank you for sharing your review and we hope to see you again soon in Hawaii!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

My father in law is a Marriott owner out of Florida and with their program was able to get us a room for a week. This property is not something my husband and I would typically pick on our own but how could we turn down a free place in Maui? We had a full one bedroom island view in the Napili tower. After we booked I checked the reviews daily. I knew the pros & cons. Honestly, after being there a week the cons are minor.

Parking seems to be the hot topic. Yes the garage by the Napili tower is small. Valet uses it and only two stories. The other garage is eight stories. It really isn't that big of a deal to walk. I rather walk than lose the island view! That is what would happen if they added floors to the garage. If we had a ton of stuff we would unload by Napili then one person go park the car. Usually could get a spot in the Napoli garage during the day. By 5pm it was full ok. So what you get to take a small walk in Maui along the beach? Marriott do not add floors to the garage and block the views!

I was a tad worried about the staff from what I had read as well. Everyone we came in contact with was nice & friendly. Really friendly. They would stop and ask you how your day was going and really wanted to know. Always full of suggestions and a smile. There was not one person that wasn't pleasant. That is really rare in a week to not come across one staff member having a bad day.

The room was extremely clean. It was also huge. We were in room 8308. One bedroom with a full kitchen. There are two tvs. The one in the living room is larger than any in my home. King size extremely comfortable bed. A jet tub with a sink. Then in main bathroom, had a roomy standup shower, another sink & a toilet. Dining room had a table for six. Two bar stools for kitchen bar. Kitchen had everything you could need. Blender worked better than ours at home. Even a stackable washer & dryer. DVD player as well with free DVD rentals in the lobby. Patio had a table with four chairs. iPhone Dock in bedroom and plenty of places to charge to electronics. The room was more than enough space for two people. It was nice to have breakfast on the patio & make some drinks in the afternoon. Doing a load of laundry was nice as well. Hate all the dirty clothes post a trip. Tub was very relaxing. It does some sort of self cleaning when you are done. Took us by surprise the first time it happened.

We didn't spend a ton of time on the property. We are hike and scuba people. However, one day we decided to have a lazy day. We rented a garden cabana. It was $48.13 from 9am to 6pm. It includes bottle water delivery, pineapple delivery & cold towel delivery. Then a waiter to take all your drink & food orders. Happy hour at 10 to 11am then again 4 to 6pm. Johnny made sure we were set all day. Nick our server always showed up when needed. The day flew by and was extremely relaxing.

Three pool areas. The main pool had the most people. The pool by our building was vacant most of the time. The garden area were relaxing as well. Then the hammocks were always free. The staff would change the lawn chairs into words at the end of the day in the garden area. Like I love Maui. Very fun! The grass in the garden area is unreal and so comfortable. The pool by our tower was also saline.

The workout room was very large. They even had a few machines outside if you didn't want to do your cardio indoors. The hotel has a restaurant called Longboards, that I will review separately. There are some shops in the hotel as well. There is a place to rent Go Pros! We brought ours but that is a cool feature. The elevators are the best I have ever seen. I can't remember when they weren't there. They must be lightening fast.

There are a ton of activities to do at the resort. When you check in they give you a list of everything going on for the week. We didn't participate but did think about taking a yoga class a few times. The timing didn't work out.

The construction was never an issue for us. We were on the other side of the resort. Even when we spent a day in the cabana we only heard it for a short period of time.

Maintenance issues were handled quickly. We called down and within 5 minutes someone was there taking care of the issue.

We had a nice exchange with Tom in security. He wanted to know how our stay was going. It was a pleasant chat.

Overall a wonderful week. I think everyone can have a nice time at this resort. If you have kids, if you don't have kids, etc. There was enough things to do and space to make everyone happy. We look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Me9247

Thank you for your five-star review of Marriott's Maui Ocean Club! We appreciate your detailed feedback and tips for fellow travelers. It is great to hear the resort exceeded your expectations when it came to service and the villa accommodations. We hope to welcome you back soon and thank you again for your review!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Spent the weekend here with my family and really enjoyed the convenience of the property layout, location and amenities. The pool was perfect for my two year old grandson as well as the rest of us. The staff was pleasant and helpful with the exception of Wayne at the adult slide, he was rude and raised his voice at me simply because I didn't have the pool bracelet. But I didn't let the attendant ruin my stay … had a great time anyway. The front desk staff was good, the room was clean and spacious, the pool bartender friendly. They even have a Starbucks at the pool right by the beach, great location. I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank KiheiSands

Aloha and thank you for your five-star review of Marriott's Maui Ocean Club! Our team is happy your family enjoyed their time with us and enjoyed the many amenities at the resort. We also appreciate your feedback on the service you received and will share this with the appropriate managers. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

This place is great for honeymooners and families. The costumer service team was knowledgeable on local attractions, adventures and they were very friendly. They have 2 pools, a bar, Starbucks, laundry, outdoor grills and a DVD rental box with new arrivals.

The hotel is right on the ocean with great views and a paved walking path. There is an excellent snorkel spot just down the beach. The resort offers a wonderful variety of on site classes, lessons and activities to keep you busy! You could easily spend a week here and never leave the resort.

Rooms were clean and spacious. Small kitchen with dishwasher, coffee maker and microwave. No stove or oven. Community kitchen and laundry room.

Short distance to grocery stores and night life. Parking was easy and a secure paring ramp.

Room Tip: Get there early so you can get a room with a view you want.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SouthHamramova

We are glad you enjoyed your visit to Marriott's Maui Ocean Club! Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again on your next vacation in Hawaii!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I cannot say enough good things about this resort. I was here for 12 days with friends and found it to be one of the most relaxing and enjoyable vacations of all time. The rooms are very comfortable - We stayed in a 1-bedroom and a 2-bedroom during our stay. I'm impressed with the overall size of the rooms and even though they did not have a full kitchen, what they did have met our needs. We loved using the BBQ's by the pools - they worked great and everything you need is in the room and down by the BBQ's.

One recommendation - once you land at OGG, make your first stop the Costco right outside the airport, on your left. It will save you a lot of money and adds a great deal of convenience. There is also a communal kitchen, open from 5AM to 8PM daily, which has three (3) double burner induction cooking stations.

The pool area is very nice and never seemed overly crowded - that goes for the entire complex. Even though they said they were sold out, you never felt that way. They also have the best elevators I've ever seen in a resort - the average wait time is less than 15 seconds.

The staff is also exceptional - they truly enjoy what they do and have excellent customer service skills.

The pool bar has excellent food, especially the burgers!

Note that if you are not an owner, the parking is $15/day.

We've enjoyed this trip so much that we are going to come back in December!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cary W

Thank you for the great review and photos, Cary! Please feel free to follow us on Facebook where you can share your photos as well! We hope to see you again soon at Marriott's Maui Ocean Club!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

As a Marriott Gold Elite and prior guest of Marriott Ka'anapali Ocean Club I was very disappointed with my last trip. First let me say that all of the staff was very kind and helpful during the stay but they either did not honor or were not empowered to honor our reservation. When we checked in and arrived at our room, it was supposed to be a garden view 1 bedroom and instead it was an ocean view (very nice) studio that was very small (no separate bedroom as booked). Reminded me of a cruise ship stateroom not a guest room. With 2 teenagers this wasn't what we ordered or could stay in...and after a lot of discussion with multiple people at the property, we found that what was booked was the studio not a 1 BR guest room. Nowere on the Marriott site did it mention this was a studio, and I even confirmed that the unit had a separate bedroom with Marriott upon booking. In the end they refused to honor it even as a Gold Elite. We ended up having to pay nearly twice as much to get into a 1 BR and I thought it was ridiculous and a bait and switch. On top of this, our friends who we convinced to stay at the property with us attended a time share presentation during the week we were there and were so disgusted with the sales person's approach and disrespect they walked out of the presentation. Lastly, on our last day as we approached the final hours of our spring break with our kids and stayed at the property to enjoy the resort amenities, the entire lawn and pool area near the Lahina tower smelled like a leaky sewer. Not a good showing for Marriott and although we've been to this location twice I doubt we will return.

Room Tip: Read all fine print don't rely on the description. Guest room at this facility means extremely s...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
11  Thank RodneyK100

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay, Rodney. We always want to ensure the villa our guests book is the one they receive. Our Customer Care team would like to learn more about your experience and may be reached at Customer.Care@vacationclub.com or at 800-860-9384 . Thank you again for your review and for staying at Marriott's Maui Ocean Club.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
2 mi away
Honua Kai Resort & Spa
Honua Kai Resort & Spa
#10 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina & Napili Towers? Share your experiences!