Aston Mahana at Kaanapali
The Mauian Hotel on Napili Beach(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$299
Official Website
$316
$309
Official Website
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$256
$207
$389
  • Beachfront
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$245
$469
  • Pool
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort(Lahaina)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,975 results
All reviewsfloor to ceiling windowssusan ramosocean frontfull kitchengrocery storeliving roomwasher and dryerpremium studioeither directiongranite countertopslanai and molokaipalm treesour honeymoonroad to hanapool and hot tubjava jazzcoral reef
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2010

We stayed at the Mahana 08/30/2010 - 09/06/2010 for our honeymoon and had a great time. The resort was great and the view from the room was incredible. All of the staff was accomadating and provided us with great service. The location was also great as it was just minutes from Lahaina. We chose the place based on the customer reviews are were completely satisfied. We will be back!!!

2  Thank JAB0828
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I have to be honest, I had too high of expectations for this place based on the amazing reviews on this website, so I was honestly a little disappointed by my first impression. We booked a studio for our one year anniversary and my initial reaction to our room was that it was a little dated and that I hated that we had a pull-down murphy bed. After talking with the management about switching rooms, we were told that all the other studios were taken and that we could view a one bedroom if we wanted. We saw the 1 bedroom, which was a lot newer, nicer and larger, but decided that we'd rather spend the extra $35 per night on food and trips.

Let me say, after the first night I AM SO GLAD WE DIDN'T SWITCH ROOMS. The experience of sleeping like 5 ft from the ocean every night was amazing (the 1 bd room had a larger lanai and more distance between bed and ocean). We kept the lanai door open and fell asleep to the waves every night. After my first impression, I did a complete 180 on the room and realized that the room wasn't small, it was honestly very cozy and romantic. They had an awesome futon lounger and 2 full closets. Sure everything was still a little '80-ish but everything was also meticulously clean. The weather on the day that we landed was overcast but the weather in Lahaina every subsequent night was beautiful. It's true that you can't swim right in front of the hotel but we spent most of our trip driving all over the island to other beaches and locations, so I never found it to be a problem. Plus the full kitchen is really handy, especially if you have a Costco membership. We bought a bunch of stuff from Costco (right by the airport) and saved a lot of money on breakfast, water, and snacks.

Definitely don't come here if you're looking for a resort (the sheraton maui has a really nice beach and resort area) but if you're looking for a (really affordable) place that's unique and has an amazing view, definitely come here. I went to Maui to fully experience the island (not just lay on a beach) and I am so glad that I stayed at the Aston Mahana. Unless I decide to move to Maui, I'll definitely stay at the Mahana again.

2  Thank JimmyChooLove
Reviewed September 27, 2010

The worst day of our honeymoon was the day we left this paradise! We spent five days at the Mahana, after having spent five days in Waikiki, and my husband and I agreed that we should have spent the entire time on Maui. Our unit was gorgeous...beautifully updated bathroom with nice tiled shower. Kitchen stocked with dishes, cookware, etc. There was even a blender for my usual morning yogurt smoothies that I had been missing. There aren't words to describe the view from the lanai...magnificent! From that lanai, we were treated to two of the most magical things that we have ever seen...a nighttime rainbow (didn't know that was even possible?) and the most amazing moonset that you can imagine.

By car, you are only minutes to area grocery stores, drug stores, etc. You DO want to rent a car on Maui and the Mahana had ample free parking. There are a couple of grocery stores in the area so you can easily stock the kitchen and not have to spend a fortune on eating out for all meals. The Mahana doesn't offer breakfast (no restaurant)but that really wasn't a problem for us as we were already on food overload by the time we got Maui. The Beach Club restaurant at their beautiful sister property, Ka'anapali Shores, was very good and affordably priced. We had dinner there a couple of times and were not disappointed.

You are a short walk from a nice beach...no beach right in front of the Mahana. We ended up driving down to Ka'anapali to go snorkeling at Black Rock...one word AMAZING! Great spot, great variety of fish, came face to face with Eagle rays and turtles! Incredible experience!

We can't say enough about the Mahana and, if the opportunity ever presents itself again, would stay there again in a heartbeat!

2  Thank wjburns
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Stayed at the Mahana for our anniversary. Rented a condo there. Had 7th floor unit over looking and right on the ocean. Very quiet and romantc. Sunsets from the Lanai take your breah away The facilty overall was excellent and our room great. Its a fully furnished condo. A home away from home of sorts. Pots, pans, washer/dryer, full kitchen, living room, separate master bedroom, and patio/lanai. There is a nice pool, jacuzzi and many bbq grills there for your use. Concierge service is available to help you book excursions if you have a need. The Kaanapal location was central and close to Lahaina and Kapalua. Grocery stores, restaurants, and shops are close by. Its a good value compared to the larger resort properties. I highly reccommend it.

1  Thank Badboyy1911
Reviewed September 23, 2010

This was our first trip to Maui, after doing research we decided to stay at the Mahana. We wanted the best view possible, access to shopping for cooking etc. We had a great room, the sun sets where absolutely amazing from our balcony. The staff where fantastic, especially Larissa. Grocery store 3 minutes away (Times its called) had everything we need had we forgetten anything. The beach out front is not the greatest for swimming, but, a 30 step walk down the back and you are in by far one of if not the best beach in Maui. Ka'anapali beach is awesome, the snorkelling was fantasic. Dukes beach house was not what i was expecting at all, i was expecting a hole in the wall type dive. It was great, 5 minute walk, great food and drinks. Overall the hotel was great, we would and will stay again. A great place to base our first memories in Maui. It is truly one of those spots that you want to tell everyone about, but want it to remain the way it is and not get over run.

2  Thank Icemanbrit13