The Aston Mahana at Kaanapali is a treasure!
We booked through Travelocity after I read through many great Tripadvisor reviews.
Our studio condo had a direct view of the ocean, marble floors and countertops, a full kitchen with stainless steel refrigerator, new microwave, stove, dishwasher and disposal. The two-person shower had recessed lighting, and was separate from the sink area. It had lovely books to read, a sofa and table and chairs both in the kitchen and out on the balcony.
We slept with the screen door open each night to hear the wonderous crashing of the waves at night which was majestic and soothing at once!
Our views of the ocean were the most dramatic and beautiful I've ever experienced (and I've stayed at a lot of hotels and condos with views of the ocean!).
Speaking of noise, we couldn't hear any other people. The soundproofing must be incredible!
Every day, our unit received maid service from the hotel, even though each unit is individually owned.
There's a lovely pool, though staying here, we were just steps from the beach, and walked the length of the beach each morning and evening. Great exercise!
They do have a cafe, but we didn't try it. They also have stainless steel grills all around the resort, which they clean at least 2 times per day, if you want to grill your own meat or fish, and also lovely tables under tropical plants and tiki lamps.
Just walking from the resort, in the magical forest they've created, with the sounds of tropical birds was glorious! We walked from our resort to the health food store (where the farmer's market is held, and where I recommend buying your fresh fruit or a coconut to drink from). Or, to coffee. I highly recommend Java Jazz and Soup Nutz: truly the best coffee on the island, and the kindest service, too! They also have wonderful dinners (try any of their fish entrees!), and breakfasts (try the raspberry cream cheese french toast!).
The service was so-so, (meaning the staff seemed ho-hum), but the cleanliness of the resort also showed their level of attentiveness.
This was a magical experience for us: the honeymoon we never got a chance to take. And, I am so thrilled we found the Aston Mahana at Kaanapali. I can't imagine staying anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the seclusion of this beachfront condominium resort where each custom-furnished oceanfront suite features floor-to-ceiling windows and a private lanai with panoramic views of the Pacific and Maui's magical sunsets. An array of onsite amenities include swimming pool, jet spa, covered outdoor barbecue areas, and tennis/pickleball. Nearby attractions include Lahaina Town and the Sugar Cane Train. At the Mahana, you can experience the tranquility of Maui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Aston Mahana at Kaanapali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Mahana At Kaanapali Hotel Lahaina
- Aston Hotel Lahaina
- Mahana At Kaanapali Aston
- Resortquest Mahana Kaanapali
- Mahana Kaanapali
- Aston Mahana At Kaanapali Maui/Lahaina