Stayed here before and was a little disappointed.....but decided to try it again! Overall, it was a good experience, but I can't give it a higher rating for several reasons. Basically, it is a nice place, but you need to have reasonable expectations as this isn't a 4 or 5 star resort.
There are, though, lots of terrific things about this property:
-Very pretty area, quiet
-beautiful scenic beach
-a few nice dining options within close proximity (ie: Duke's)
SMOKING!! -- It's great that smoking is not allowed on MOST of the grounds (Hawaii Laws), HOWEVER, if you intend to use the BBQ grilling facilities and outdoor garden patio tables, be prepared to be enveloped in smoke as this is where the smokers all congregate ALL the time. I don't know what the facility was thinking allowing the cooking area to be a smoking area also. As a result, I wasn't able to utilize and enjoy this outdoor cooking/dining garden area because for health reasons I cannot be around cigarette smoke. I don't know why they don't designate some far removed area as a smoking area if they feel so compelled to accommodate smokers. I wouldn't put the smoking area right by the outdoor cooking/dining area, which is also a lovely garden area, which is also right by a major path into and out of the facility. I was shocked and puzzled by the property's insensitivity to their non-smoking guests.
-very difficult to park at night (not enough spaces when prop is full)
-can't swim at the beach in front of the property with all the coral; you have to walk down to the next property's beach area to swim which is a pain when you're carrying all your beach paraphernalia
-pool area is in shade most of the day
-no beach chairs on the beach - we had to rent chairs elsewhere
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the seclusion of this beachfront condominium resort where each custom-furnished oceanfront suite features floor-to-ceiling windows and a private lanai with panoramic views of the Pacific and Maui's magical sunsets. An array of onsite amenities include swimming pool, jet spa, covered outdoor barbecue areas, and tennis/pickleball. Nearby attractions include Lahaina Town and the Sugar Cane Train. At the Mahana, you can experience the tranquility of Maui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Mahana at Kaanapali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Mahana At Kaanapali Hotel Lahaina
- Aston Hotel Lahaina
- Mahana At Kaanapali Aston
- Resortquest Mahana Kaanapali
- Mahana Kaanapali
- Aston Mahana At Kaanapali Maui/Lahaina