My fiancee and I stayed here for about 9 days...actually today is our last day as I'm writing this.
I was actually really surprised with how much I liked this hotel. It's the smaller of the three surrounding hotels and is a bit tricky to find as you have to turn in to Lower Honoapillani road off of the highway 30 then left where you see the sign MAHANA.
The service was great and really helpful. They always handed us fresh beach and pool towels to use when we needed them and gave us pretty much whatever little things we needed like laundry detergent etc.
The pool in the back doesn't look like much but in person it's actually really nice. The hot tub is great to relax in and at night there arent any people there so it's pretty private. You can also access the beach from the back gate and walk north or south to either the next hotel or Duke's for some food.
Also, there is a concierge, Susan who was really helpful on our second day for booking activities with Expedia and giving us trip advice. We had an excellent time thanks to her.
The cleaning staff are great too, our towels and linen were always clean and I think one time our dishes were done in the dishwasher :). On top of this, they are honest. I had dropped some money by accident when unpacking clothes and I found it on our bed when we got to the room.
-Hotel rooms by the water can be a bit on the loud side with the waves crashing but it's actually really nice.
-Balcony rooms are awesome to relax on and include deck chairs.
-Trade in your beach towels daily for fresh ones.
-Use the back gate to access the beach and other hotels if you like.
-Use the concierge service for booking activities. (The second day you get to have some free breakfast and info on what to do in Maui with the concierge).
-Rental movies for when you just want to relax from the machine downstairs.
-Don't underestimate the pool and Jacuzzi.
-If you have kids there is a PlayStation 2 in each room.
-PARKING: included and free but at night it can get a bit tricky.
-If you like BBQ there are grills out the front entrance and by the pool for easy access.
-If you like quick food there is a little market and subway across from the hotel access road 10 minute walk east.
-You get a free photo package, book it your first day and it takes an hour.
-The in-room safe is nice to keep you sane.
-Full kitchen and washer/dryer and closets and a little eating counter by the kitchen. In room coffee and appliances.
- THE LAUNDRY SOAP SMELLS AMAZING. I wish I could take a giant box home with me.
-NO RESORT FEE
We highly recommend this hotel and would love to stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the seclusion of this beachfront condominium resort where each custom-furnished oceanfront suite features floor-to-ceiling windows and a private lanai with panoramic views of the Pacific and Maui's magical sunsets. Nearby attractions include Lahaina Town and the Sugar Cane Train. At the Mahana, you can experience the tranquility of Maui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Aston Mahana at Kaanapali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Mahana At Kaanapali Hotel Lahaina
- Aston Hotel Lahaina
- Mahana At Kaanapali Aston
- Resortquest Mahana Kaanapali
- Mahana Kaanapali
- Aston Mahana At Kaanapali Maui/Lahaina