We stayed in unit 211 and had a wonderful time. I was a bit disappointed that we were on a low floor at first. Once we got to the room, the view was great. It was very close to the beach. The patio was screened in and had nice furniture. The room had a full kitchen and laundry. The kitchen was well furnished with pots and pans, they even had gas grills available for use pool side. We cooked 3 meals in the room and had everything needed for cooking.
We did not use the pool, but saw people using it and it visually looked good. There was a spa next to the pool as well. The beach right in front of the resort was a little steep and had some rocks but just south of the resort they were very nice for swimming. We rented snorkeling equipment from a local shop(with in walking distance, Snorkel Bobs) and snorkeled the reef right in front of the resort and were amazed at the amount of fish and sea life that we could see.
The view from the room was amazing. We were there during whale season and saw many whales right from our room's patio. I would recommend bringing binoculars so you can view even more whale activity. One morning we even saw a baby whale jumping(5-10 times) 100 yards in front of the resort.
The location was great, it is close to Lahaina(rental or bus). There are a bunch of good restraints with in walking distance of the resort. The beach is nice at the resort and close to several great beaches for snorkeling, swimming and surfing.
Overall it was a great resort and made the whole vacation a wonderful trip. We are already planning our next trip back to the island and will be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the seclusion of this beachfront condominium resort where each custom-furnished oceanfront suite features floor-to-ceiling windows and a private lanai with panoramic views of the Pacific and Maui's magical sunsets. An array of onsite amenities include swimming pool, jet spa, covered outdoor barbecue areas, and tennis/pickleball. Nearby attractions include Lahaina Town and the Sugar Cane Train. At the Mahana, you can experience the tranquility of Maui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Vacatia, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Mahana at Kaanapali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Mahana At Kaanapali Hotel Lahaina
- Aston Hotel Lahaina
- Mahana At Kaanapali Aston
- Resortquest Mahana Kaanapali
- Mahana Kaanapali
- Aston Mahana At Kaanapali Maui/Lahaina