We thoroughly enjoyed staying at this property. Our unit was a "premium" 2BR and was just superbly decorated and maintained. The place was spotlessly clean (kudos to the housekeeping staff) and all the furnishings were well-designed and up to date.
The view was extraordinary. We saw numerous whales from the deck and enjoyed beautiful views of Lanai and Molokai.
The beach is right outside the gate and is beautiful. There is quite a bit of coral along the beach here, but it's easy to avoid if you walk 100m or so in either direction. The surf is a bit rough here, so walking down past the larger coral rocks makes for more enjoyable snorkeling.
The location can't be beat...close enough to walk to many restaurants, including the Times grocery, yet unexpectedly quiet on the property.
The pool area is extremely nice...beautiful large pool and very nice large hot tub both of which we enjoyed several times each day.
One really nice thing for us is that this property is mostly an adult community. There were a few teenagers and younger kids present, but all were well-behaved. We did not see any unsupervised kids running about during out stay.
The only thing that kept me from giving this property 5 stars was the annoying "amenities fee" of $10.42 charged each day. Let me say kudos to the property managers for fully disclosing this up front both on their website and on the confirmation emails.....very professional handling of the matter, but why do this at all? We were paying several hundred dollars per day for our unit so why not just up the prices $10. Maybe it's just me, but somehow seeing it tacked on separately just seemed cheesy. To make it worse, they hand out a paper at check in telling you all the things you get for your $10....just standard stuff you'd expect to get at this price point - newspaper, one small serving of coffee, one tea bag, etc. My pursuit of one extra tea bag each day became a comical escapade for us. We stopped by the desk each day for my extra tea bag and although the hostesses at the desk cheerfully obliged it just seemed a silly thing to have to do. For ten bucks just put some coffee and tea in the room like nearly all hotels do these days.
By the way, one comment to help set expectations for other guests. This is a collection of privately owned condominiums. It is not a hotel. Consequently it does not have a doorman, bellman, no one to assist with luggage, no luggage carts etc. There is a front desk but just for checkin/checkout. The girls are polite, but you don't experience the welcoming feeling/greeting typically found at hotels.
One other very nice feature was the gas grills out by the pool. These are very nice upscale grills which make it really easy to cookout if one wishes.
Overall, we highly recommend this place and will definitely stay here again next time we are in the area.....a 5-star property with a silly $10 daily fee being the only negative assessment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the seclusion of this beachfront condominium resort where each custom-furnished oceanfront suite features floor-to-ceiling windows and a private lanai with panoramic views of the Pacific and Maui's magical sunsets. An array of onsite amenities include swimming pool, jet spa, covered outdoor barbecue areas, and tennis/pickleball. Nearby attractions include Lahaina Town and the Sugar Cane Train. At the Mahana, you can experience the tranquility of Maui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Mahana at Kaanapali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Mahana At Kaanapali Hotel Lahaina
- Aston Hotel Lahaina
- Mahana At Kaanapali Aston
- Resortquest Mahana Kaanapali
- Mahana Kaanapali
- Aston Mahana At Kaanapali Maui/Lahaina