Lahaina Shores Beach Resort
Best Western Pioneer Inn(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$215
$197
BestWestern.com
$267
$259
Official Website
  • Beachfront
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$266
$207
  • Beachfront
Aston at Papakea Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$252
$245
Orbitz.com
$419
$335
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$245
Cancelon
$499
Hotelpower.com
1,312 results
All reviewsfront streetmountain viewpremier roomocean frontwithin walking distancefull kitchenwalk into townhot tubfeast at lelemurphy bedoceanfront studiosouth endrestaurants and shopsthrough vrbothe banyan treeshort strollgrassy area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2007

Wow, we had such a fantastic time here. We booked through Maui Vacations, and we knew that each condo is privately owned so they differ massively as to how they are decorated and furnished etc. But we were not disappointed. The room was clean and spacious, and we had the ocean view we had requested. We were on the 3rd floor, and people have said that the view gets better the higher up you go. I can't vouch for that, but I certainly wouldn't want to be on the ground floor as people were constantly walking past your door to get to the pool etc. Pool and hot tub were lovely, and with the resort being right on the beach it was perfect for those romantic evening walks. Had a great time sitting on the balcony sipping wine and watching the humpback whales jumping out of the ocean while the sun went down. Just a perfect end to the honeymoon. The property is really convenient for town. We didn't hire a car and had no problems getting around and into town to find something to eat. We went to the Luau at the Hyatt as we couldn't get in at the Feast of Lele next door. Ours was great, and the sounds coming from next door sounded like fun too. Also went on the sunset dinner cruise wich was just beautiful and we have some fabulous photos. From talking to other people there it seems that a lot of people go back year after year so you'll have to book early to get a good room! But the reception desk were really helpful, the location was great and the views were amazing. We had a brilliant time and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Titchvic
Reviewed February 8, 2007

This is the 4th time we stayed here and was just as good as the others. It's not as fancy as others or have all the amenities as the big ones but is right on the beach, clean and comfy, and is smaller so less people to compete with for the beach and lounge chairs. If we are able to return we will certainly want to come here again.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank misspokey
Reviewed February 1, 2007

After the first night, my daughter noticed a dozen visible bug bites on her leg. At 10AM, we immediately reported it to the Front Desk asking that they either change our Room or make an attempt to get a new Mattress. Of course it being the day after Christmas - I expected the Aloha Spirit the Islands are so fondly known for. We returned to our Room at 4PM and when I went to the Front Desk - I was told Housekeeping had already left for the day. When I mentioned I specifically had spoken to someone earlier - that person came from the back office claiming they had the mattress scrubbed down and if there are any more problems - let them know. Needless to say, my daughter slept in my bug-free bed the remainder of the visit.; refusing to take another chance. A month later - those bites are still pink spots on her leg. I would not take a chance and revisit this location again.

Stayed: December 2006
10  Thank Rebecca537
Reviewed January 20, 2007

When it comes to quality I would expect to pay $40 or $50 a night in Colorado. You are definitely not awe struck when you go into the room. I did not want to take off my shoes and walk around.

1. It is dirty. There are foreign hairs in the bathroom - gross!!
2. The stove is rusty and gross. I will have to wash the dishes before I use them to be sure.
3. It is dusty.
4. You have to pay $10 a day for Internet access (for the unfortunate few that have to work while here).
5. You have to pay $7 a day for parking. Yes you have to go park next door under the restaurant. They give you a card to obtain access to parking - mine did not work. And yes, it smells funky.
6. There was trash left under the bed from the previous guests - gross!!
7. If you lose a key or parking pass it will cost you $25.
8. You can hear everything - anytime someone opens and closes a door you will hear it in your room.
9. Pop corn ceilings, painted cement for one wall.
10. Scary carpet in the living area with tile in the rest.
11. The tub needs to be completely scrubbed clean - the grout it bad.

The front desk does not exhude the great Hawaiian hospitality I had imagined.

Honestly I felt like I was renting a very cheap apartment in college again that frat boys had their fun with.

What is positive...
1. It is next door to restaurants so you can walk.
2. It has beach access.
3. It is very close golf, other restaurants, Safeway, Subway, Taco Bell, nice restaurants, and the highway.
4. It has a full kitchen which can be great.
5. It is cheaper than some of the other hotels.

Would I bring my family here for vacation? Probably not. I would spend a bit more to be in a nicer place.

Stayed: January 2007
5  Thank katiesftbl
Reviewed January 13, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Lahaina Shores for our honeymoon. We booked a condo directly with the owner through VRBO and could not have been more thrilled with the hotel when we arrived. It faces a small but pretty beach, perfect to while away the days.

Just a short stroll away is the centre of Lahaina, with plenty of shops, restaurants and bars as well as the lovely harbour. A word of warning though, Maui is very laid back, and most places in Lahaina close up at about 10pm as we found one night when we tried to get a late dinner. This didn't matter to us anyway as we were quite happy to sit on our balcony overlooking the beach with views to the island of Lanai'i with a cold beer or glass of wine. The pool and hot tub at the complex are open until 10pm too, so we spent several pleasant evenings in the hot tub after dark.

The only thing that Lahaina Shores could benefit from is a bar. However, due to the proximity to the town, this didn't worry us too much and we also kept our fridge well stocked.

We think it was well worth paying extra to have an ocean view - it made mornings a joy to have the view of the ocean, but the rear of the property looked out over the mountains and was pretty picturesque too.

We only hired a car for a couple of days to explore the rainforest on the east side of the island and drive to the top of Haleakala but there is a car park at the back of the hotel should you need it. Realistically though, unless you are going to be driving around the island the whole time, there is little need for a car.

We had a wonderful time at Lahaina Shores and it was the perfect start to our honeymoon before moving on to bigger, brasher Waikiki. We would retrun there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple