“Decent Place”

Lahaina Shores Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed November 28, 2005

Pretty nice place in the southern end of Lahaina. If you want to stay close to where all the night life is - this is the place. I stayed in a studio on the 2nd floor. Room was well furnished with a fully equipped kitchen.

The beach outside is under-rated. Its small for sure - but definitely less crowded than the famous beaches and a rock wall a couple of hundred feet from the shore makes sure the water is nice and calm. Not bad for snorkelling, got to see some nice corals and a some fish. Not the best but atleast its more secluded.

Worth the price.

10  Thank TouringGator
Write a ReviewReviews (1,294)

Reviewed November 27, 2005

Just returned from a week at Lahina Shores, very nice facility. Room was clean and made up every day. Oceanfront room is definitely worth the extra $. The grounds were kept up beautifully. When returning to Maui, will choose Lahaina Shores again.

6  Thank hydqueen
Reviewed November 26, 2005

On the plus side, our room was clean and comfortable. Our ocean view was perfect, and Lahaina offered some of the best food on the island. While the beach was not the best for swimming, this didn't bother us since the drive to other swimming and snorkeling spots was easy and convenient from this location. (I highly recommend Black Rock at Ka'anapali Beach).

Even the remodeling work being done in the lobby didn't interrupt our good time. We were mostly disappointed to find out that the hotel charges for parking in their OWN parking lot. $5 a day. The parking area is already gated, most likely to keep the non-hotel patrons out...but we're already paying to stay there. So, paying additional to park there as well seemed tacky.

Also, I had just put laundry to wash when the doors to the laundry room were locked...with my clothes still inside! When I went to tell the front desk, they told me the laundry room closed at 8pm. He seemed annoyed when I told him it was only 7:30, and called to have it unlocked. I just think the staff could have been a little more considerate.

These are really little things when considering the overall vacation in Maui. We are planning to return next year...whether it will include the Lahaina Shores Resort would depend entirely on our budget. It is a reasonable value for the money if you are on a budget.

10  Thank Zabrina
Reviewed November 24, 2005

We stayed in a studio ocean view room on the 5th floor. The view was fantastic. The room was clean and adequately furnished. The full kitchen was a great bonus since it saves a lot of money eating out. We had breakfast and lunch in our room and ate dinner out most days. We found two local grocery stores in Lahaina, Safeway and Foodland, and the prices are quite a bit higher than home, but I heard that Costco near the airport charges the same prices everywhere, so if you plan to eat in, get your supplies at Costco if you can.
Only problem...try to time your arrival so you don't get there before 3 PM, because they WILL NOT let you check in early. That's a problem when you arrive hot and tired and dressed in your winter mainland clothes and you have to find somewhere to go for several hours before you can get to your room. The desk clerk was not nice about it and started out trip out badly. We exoected to be disappointed the rest of the trip, but it got better and everyone else on the staff was very pleasant.
The beach is great. You can go out there any time of the day or night and the water is shallow far out, so would be great for small children. There are no big waves, so not dangerous for children.
The pool and spa are nice, pool is a little cold and hot tub a little too hot, but very pleasant. The area closes promptly at 10 and you can't even sit by the pool after that time. So if you stay up late, you either have to go to the beach, off the premises or in your room.
I highly recommend this hotel for the price. No frills but still great.

7  Thank Bardda
Reviewed November 14, 2005

We started our honeymoon in Oct 2005 first at the Four Seasons, Kapalua, and finally here. Fortunately, Laihana Shores exceeded my expectations. We had a corner oceanview room which was clean and allowed us a sneak peak at the luau next door. Good location, walking distance to the town, looks like the hotel lobby was undergoing renovations, staff was not overly courteous but helpful enough. I would stay here again for the location and value.

7  Thank MikeVA
Reviewed October 31, 2005

Lahaina Shores Beach Resort was a pleasent surpise when we saw our room we were there for 8 days (too Long for Lahaina) other reviews were correct stay above the 3rd floor. We had a ocean front view and our room was on the end (437) next to 505 Front Street the bar can be noisy But the Luau next to hotel made up for any bar noise. The room was clean and the Murphy bed was comfortable.

6  Thank bruceman5000
A TripAdvisor Member
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 29, 2005

We just returned from Maui,having stayed at the Lahaina Shores Oct 14- 21st. I was a little nervous as I had been dreaming about this "dream" vacation for months and did not want it ruined by my hotel choice. Once we arrived I could not believe my luck and was patting myself on the back for selecting this place. The view from our roonm was to die for. The ocean was about 30 yards from our balcony. We stayed in room #533 on the ocean side.The room was spotless, and looked like it had been recentley remodeled.Our room was a studio size room and quite large with a small kitchen,resonable size bathroom,a 10 ft.long closet and an extremely comfortable king size bed. The room was air conditioned and had new wicker tropical style furniture.We loved the hotel. The hotel is not a resort with room service,its the view in my belief that makes this place so special, especially for the money.Like the other reviews have said,go for the ocean front side and ask for 4th floor or higer.There was a luau next door almost every night,which we watched from our balcony. Also, you are within walking distance of Lahaina town. My husband and I shopped and went out to dinner and explored the town. While everyone else was fighting for a parking spot in Lahaina,we just strolled on back to our hotel.Lahaina Shores was the best decision I made on this vacation. We sat next to a doctor on the flight back to Oklahoma,and she told us she stayed at a resort hotel on the south side of Maui,paying $285 a night.She said all she got as far as a view from her room,was the view of the back side of another building.I am just a hard working person who goes on an annual vacation like you other hard working stiffs do.If your going to Maui,you want an ocean view,you want that memory as part of your vacation. Get the ocean view,you know you deserve it. You don't go to Hawaii every day. Go to Lahaina Shores. Nice hotel,nice room and A FANTASY VIEW.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
#1 of 3 in Kihei
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#18 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Lahaina Shores Beach Resort? Share your experiences!