My husband and I spent the second week of our honeymoon in Maui. My father gifted us his time share, and Lahaina Beach Shores was what was available for the week we were there (6/28/14-7/5/14).
When we checked in, we were greeted warmly and kindly. The gentleman at the desk was very pleasant and went over everything about the facility with is. My husband parked the car and I went up to the room. I was shocked when I opened the door, for it looked like the Golden Girls house in the late 70s, it smelled horrible (although it was very clean...the smell may have been the old carpet) and I did not want to stay. I was very upset. My husband went downstairs and immediately upgraded us to a premier ocean front room. The gentleman and female manager were SUPER accommodating and moved us. Our new room was updated and beautiful, much more suitable for our honeymoon excursion.
1.) the staff and maid service was impeccable!
2.) the view is fabulous! You have a perfect view of the sunset every night.
3.) very short walk to downtown Lahaina. Always something to do!
4.) it has a pool and hot tub (open 7am-10pm), grills and is beach front. There is an activity concierge who can assist you in booking any excursions.
1.) no fitness center or spa or dining in the facility
2.) old, dated laundry services on each floor
3.) the ocean is rocky; we'd recommend water shoes
4.) you can't bring the lounge chairs from the pool area out the gate to the beach. If you're a beach bum like me, I'd bring or purchase a chair if you plan on spending any long amounts of time directly on the beach.
5.) each unit is individually owned and updated, so no two rooms look alike. Our first was horrible with a double bed, our second was much more modern and beautiful with a queen. Of recommend calling ahead to make sure you're in a premier room. It's worth the extra money!
6.) it does have parking, but only the premier rooms get to park in front. Other rooms can park in the parking garage next door, but it's validated by the hotel via orange placard they give you for your dash.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to oceanfront living right in the heart of Lahaina Town. Lahaina Shores Beach Resort is a landmark in historic Lahaina town. This ocean front condo resort features spacious studio, one bedroom and one bedroom penthouse condos with full kitchens and oversized lanais. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Vacatia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lahaina Shores Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lahaina Shores Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Lahaina Shores Maui
- Lahaina Shores Beach Resort Maui