“Perfect Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Lahaina
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perfect Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

My friend and I spent a week at Lahaina Shores Beach Resort and had a great time. The location is perfect, walking distance to all the restaurants, galleries, shops and attractions in downtown Lahaina. At the same time, the property is right on the beach and has a pool and hot tub. We had a studio unit with a mountain view and it was spotless with very nice appliances. The unit didn't have a blender, but the staff brought one up when we asked for one so we could make smoothies. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and they have a concierge who was very helpful in assisting us to make decisions about what special activities we wanted to do on the island. In addition, they accommodated us for a late check out with no charge. The only downside is that there is no restaurant at the hotel, but the units have kitchens and there are restaurants practically next door. It is not a luxury resort, but it is locally-owned so you know that your money is supporting local people and not a giant corporation. It was perfect for our stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mushyd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Korean first
Colleyville, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

We truly enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of Lahaina Shores. This was our 2nd stay and we were not disappointed. We had booked a premier study ocean view and were upgraded upon arrival to a penthouse. Even though it was not upgraded, the place was clean and comfortable. We also love the proximity to the water and it is an easy walk into town.
The cleaning service was also very professional and they did a great job of cleaning our room each day.
If you are wanting more 'action', you may not want to stay in Lahaina but for our family it was perfect.
Oh did I forget to mention the whale watching....You could see them from our room in the distance.

Room Tip: If an upgraded room is important to you make sure and ask for a 'Premier' room when booking.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank gupjohnson
Southeast Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

We booked a mountain view room and were very happy with the room/suite we were in. The resort has easy access to the beach and other attractions in Lahanai. The kitchen was well equipped and we used it a few times to make breakfast and some light lunch. The staff is very friendly and the concierges are very resourceful. We did not use the swimming pool or the hot tub but spent more time on the beach behind the resort. Easy walk on Front Street to the restaurants and the piers. We will definitely stay in this resort the next time we are in Maui.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank vishyaroon
North Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Had second floor room facing the ocean and I never wanted to leave our lanai! Our room was above hot tub and pool which could get loud at times but everything was quiet by 10 usually. Great beach just on other side of hot tub and pool. Carpet and bedroom furniture was new but kitchen and bathroom could use renovation. No restaurant or coffee shop on site but there are a few in the shopping plaza next door.

Room Tip: second and third floor rooms on ocean side would have best views! Luau next door lasts until 9 or 9...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed in an ocean front condo (highly recommended). Beautiful ocean views , saw whales using their blowholes right from our lanai. Home away from home. We traveled around the entire island and I would stay here again over anywhere else we went. Friendly staff, prompt, courteous, and very helpful. It's not overly crowded at all, nice beach, walking distance to the shops on Front St. We walked on the beach to the harbor where we had 2 of our excursions planned out of. So convenient! Our condo was exceptionally clean, beautiful bathroom and kitchen. So comfortable. I have nothing bad to say about anything! I was more than pleased :)

Room Tip: We had room #215, second floor, great view, beautifully decorated! I couldn't have been happier.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Santa Clara, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

We booked a mountain view penthouse, ( no availability of ocean view ), but later realized t was not renovated.
I was disappointed with that unit # 702. I asked to change my room to which the manager was courteous and shifted me to renovated mountain view studio # 320, which was much better.
After reading reviews that don't opt for non renovated units I called them several times to move me to renovated one and they said they have no availability but after our check in after spending one night in penthouse unit, the manager worked around to move us to another unit for next 4 days.

The place is in close proximity to Lahaina downtown and Kaanapali beach which is nice and the staff is prompt to the requests.
Next time I visit Maui, I might book this place if I get a ocean view with a renovated unit else I will book something in Kaanapali beach. ( I like the property setting of those high end hotels next to the beach, which has so much to offer )

Room Tip: Book if you get a renovated unit !
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cooltarunbakshi
Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have stayed at Lahaina Shore Beach Resort every time I've gone to Maui. The staff are extremely friendly, warm and inviting. The location is excellent. The grounds are kept up, very clean and updated. The pool is always clean. The condo we stayed in had everything we needed. Beautiful, kitchen and bathroom. Very comfortable bed, stone counter tops in the kitchen, plenty of kitchen space. The kitchen was equipped with everything you could ever need to prepare a meal. The bathroom had been updated as well with beautiful tile and stone counter tops. The resort is within walking distance of Lahaina Shores downtown square, where there is lots of things going on daily. Great restaurants and shopping. They have on property parking, so that was good. Be sure to ask about that when making reservations. There is no restaurant on the property but there is one next door. The property is directly on the beach, which makes it convenient for early morning and late night walks on the beach. I look forward to my return visit in and know that the staff will make my stay feel like I’m at home.

The Pros: On the beach, walking distance to everything, friendly staff, great pool, on property parking, newly updated condos. Very quite property and no crowds on the beach. It's a small Resort so you don't have the crowds like other places on Maui.

The cons:There is no washer and dryer in the condo itself but they do have them on the property for a fee. I only did laundry for two, but can image it could get costly if you have to do laundry for a family of four.

Lastly, I'd like to add that although this resort did not have a restaurant or bar on the property, it really didn't matter as everything is so near by. I truly enjoyed taking an evening stroll to one of the many, many restaurants within a mile of this place. Plus if you really didn't want to walk down the block there was a very nice restaurant and bar next door.

Room Tip: If you want one of the newly upgraded, updated, remodeled rooms I suggest when booking you ask for a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family