Let me preface this review by saying that this is the first time we ever stayed in a condo and not a hotel, so didn’t know what to expect. These particular condos are advertised as being run as a hotel, but they are not. Also, if one desires to stay for a prolonged period of time in the Lahaina area, like a month – these accommodations might work (coin-opt laundry onsite, full kitchens). If you are staying just for a few days or a week… well… find another place. We wanted to stay in Lahaina itself but now looking back, we should have gotten to Napili Point (there are some gorgeous ocean front hotels and condos in that area with outstanding snorkeling).
These condos advertise being the only beachfront hotel in Lahaina. That’s the reason why we went for it. Not the smartest idea. You can’t swim at that beach – too close to harbor, dirty water, rocky shore. There is a gate that separates the hotel area from the beach. The lock didn’t work properly, so the key wouldn’t open it. We had to flag down another quest to try their locks because the front desk wasn’t helpful.
Hotel amenities: The pool is not heated. The hot tub didn’t work when we were there.
Front Desk: They will not let you get into your room even 5 min before the check-in time. We showed up a couple of hours earlier, dropped our luggage and left to explore. In spite of the fact that they knew that the guests have arrived, no attempt was made to finish the cleaning earlier. We actually had to wait another 20 minutes after the check-in time for them to be ready. The coffee is rationed – 1 caffeinated and 1 de-caf per day. No exceptions. Front desk did give us 1 extra package grudgingly. The cleaning crew will not wash the dishes or clean the coffee pot.
Room: Do NOT select the Mountain View rooms. You get the views of the parking lot and the main street leading to the downtown. It’s very loud in the early morning. The room itself felt very outdated, the bed was not comfortable, the bathroom – tiny, old yellowed space.
The only two good things I can say about this hotel – walking distance to the downtown, literally 5 minutes, and the little market located next door for any last minute goodies. Oh, and all the awesome hotel guests whom we’ve met there!!! But in the end, we were so glad when we got out of there! Yikes…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to oceanfront living right in the heart of Lahaina Town. Lahaina Shores Beach Resort is a landmark in historic Lahaina town. This ocean front condo resort features spacious studio, one bedroom and one bedroom penthouse condos with full kitchens and oversized lanais. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Vacatia and Odigeo so you can book your Lahaina Shores Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lahaina Shores Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Lahaina Shores Maui
- Lahaina Shores Beach Resort Maui