My husband and I just got home from our second visit to the Alii, and I miss it already!
We got an upgraded unit this time - #285. It seems to be an owned suite - it was definitely a 2 bedroom, but the master suites were locked and it is rented as a 1 bedroom. We got the benefit of the bigger living/dining area though, and views all around! We had the West Maui mountains from the dining room and sitting area, and a huge lanai facing the pool and ocean with a multi-panel sliding door that opened all the way up. I was floored - we weren't expecting to have a corner unit! There's a lot of nice accent lighting in this unit as well, including dim floor lighting on a motion sensor in the bathrooms at night - genius! The internet is wired in the rooms. There is some wi-fi at the pool, but it doesn't seem to reach the rooms. I brought my laptop, so it wasn't a problem. it was nice to be able to upload all our pictures to flickr as we went and not have to use slow wireless for that. The connection to the wired internet is free now and pretty good speed.
The pool area was just like we remembered and not crowded at all this time of year. They have a new pool card system, but we usually bring our own towels. There was quite a fee if you lost a towel card, so we just left ours by the phone in our unit.
This is the first time we have been snorkeling, and I wish I had known - we would have done more of it last time! It's an easy walk over to Black Rock from the Alii and the snorkeling there in the early morning was fantastic! We also made good use of the grill area - they even put in a fresh herb garden for you to pick from and there are plenty of utensils and plates to use. The grills were always nice and clean when we were there. Nothing like fresh marlin steaks on the lanai at night!
Once again, the worst part is getting on the elevator with our luggage at checkout. It's so hard to say goodbye to a place this amazing. We'll be back for sure!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Expansive one and two-bedroom condos range from 1,500 to 1,900 square feet offering one of the finest accommodations on Maui. Each are individually decorated and furnished with all the amenities that you’d expect from a resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kaanapali Alii reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kaanapali Alii Hotel Lahaina
- Kaanapali Alii Maui/Lahaina