My husband and two kids (ages 4 and 2) stayed at the Alli from April 25th-30th. We booked a 2bd unit that overlooked the pool and ocean. We were expecting something a little nicer decor-wise but the dated furniture and TV were acceptable.
We enjoyed breakfast and lunch everyday on our balcony (lanai) while watching the surfers try to catch a wave. We loved the spaciousness of our unit. We had about 1900sq ft and, with 2 kids, we used it all! The kids slept in one bedroom and they took over the den as their playroom. The in-room laundry was used everyday-so nice that they provided detergent. The housekeeping staff was very good and provided us with regular towels and tidied up the place.
The only real complaint I had was with the water being shut off on our second to last day there because of some emergency. Thank goodness we left on a snorkel trip early that morning but when we came back we found a note that the water had been shut off all day. We called the front desk and they told us that we could shower in a couple of rooms they were holding over at the Westin or Marriott and that there were port o potties located outside each building. Ha! We have 2 young potty trained kids and are not going to go all the way downstairs and outside to use the potty EVERY time they have to go! The management also delivered two 5 gallon water tanks to use for drinking only. We used it for more than that. We ended up spending our evening over at the Westin-we all showered (much better water pressure in the bath than our drip drip shower at the Alli) and then ate at Ono restaurant and then fed the flamingos and fish and listened to music with the kids. Good thing the water was turned on the next morning.
Another small complaint was all the construction, window washing, tree trimming that was going on while we were there. I know it has to be done but it was kind of disruptive especially the tree trimming in the front lobby. We were blocked in the parking structure by a bulldozer of some sort and had to wait while they backed up and then we had to park in the other parking structure's entrance while my husband checked out. It was a loud mess in the front of the hotel. Not a big deal normally but we were trying to check out quickly and get on the road to the airport.
Overall, we had a nice stay but next time we will check out suites at the Marriott or the Westin (which is beautiful!). You cannot beat the location and the beaches!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Expansive one and two-bedroom condos range from 1,500 to 1,900 square feet offering one of the finest accommodations on Maui. Each are individually decorated and furnished with all the amenities that you’d expect from a resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Vacatia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kaanapali Alii reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kaanapali Alii Hotel Lahaina
- Kaanapali Alii Maui/Lahaina