I need to start with the most positive aspects of this place... Service, service, service. I travel all the time, and rarely have I encountered a hotel/resort with this kind of consistent, friendly, helpful service. EVERY person we interacted with during our stay greeted us with a genuine smile and really tried to help -- front desk, maid service, maintenance crews, etc. I cannot say enough good things about how well run this place is.
The beach is fantastic... not overly crowded, but fun... very family friendly for kids of all ages or even just adults. The Whalers Village area and boardwalk were fantastic -- easy access to several good restaurants, lots of beach activities, etc. Even a starbucks a block away on the beach!
We rented a one bedroom condo. Two bathrooms and tons of space. It came with a "den" which was basically a spare bedroom with it's own bathroom. Perfect for the kids. Even though we did not have an "ocean front" the view of the beach and ocean was still good. We were able watch whales with our binoculars every morning. The room even had two brand new LCD TV's, although i don't think we ever turned them on!
The room was clean and neat, and the full kitchen (every pot/pan/utensil you'd need) was nice for the few nights we just needed to chill out. And the resort has eight fantastic BBQ grills for use for free. A "chef" is on staff every evening to help you out with spices, tin foil, and even cooking tips. Those grills were spotless every morning for the next days use.
The only negative comment -- the rooms were "dated"... the cabinets, tile, walls, and furniture was all very old. For such a high-end place I was actually a little surprised at that. But, in the big scheme of all the other positive things about this place, it was easy to quickly overlook this one downside.
As I said, the beach was great... very deep and lots of room. I'm pretty sure this was the busiest weekend of the year and there was still plenty of room on our section of the beach (other parts of North and South with the bigger hotels were a little busier than ours.) Swimming, snorkeling and surfing all right out side your door.
Mauii is amazing. But I left Kaanapali Alii just as amazed by the service. Thank you to every one there for making our stay so great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Expansive one and two-bedroom condos range from 1,500 to 1,900 square feet offering one of the finest accommodations on Maui. Each are individually decorated and furnished with all the amenities that you’d expect from a resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kaanapali Alii reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kaanapali Alii Hotel Lahaina
- Kaanapali Alii Maui/Lahaina