My family and I, including 2 young kids aged 6 and 4 stayed at the Kaanapali Alii over the last week. Overall its an excellent choice for a family. The apartments are spotless and well maintained, the service is generally good and the location is excellent. The beach is wonderful, although it was a bit rough for the first couple days we were there, but then calmed down and was caribbean like with turquoise warm water. It was also great fun watching the whales from the beach which is unmatched to anywhere I have been before. At the end of the beach there is a sheltered cove by the Sheraton, which offers calmer waters for the kids.
In general, I have 3 complaints of the place and they are
1. Internet wi fi access. It was terrible around the pool and signal was spotty and slow. Also in our apartment, we had no Wi fi as the owner had not got it set up yet. it would have been nice to read an online paper by the pool but that wasnt possible. They had wired access in the apartment, but who travels with their laptop anymore?
2. I was trying to on line check in on my late night flight but was unable to do so 24 hours prior as the internet is 'closed" at 10 pm at the reception. Reception is open, but the internet closes. Don't ask my why, its like technology has yet to dawn on Alii.
3. The need for a more substantial restaurant by the pool that offers comfort food- burgers, wings, nachos, sandwiches etc. The offer cold foods and ice cream, but I didnt see many people using the facilities because they were not that appealing and seemed very expensive.
The pool was average, on the small side, but it was fine. It would be great if Alii would strike an arrangement with a hotel nearby to use their pool facilities for a day, but I guess I am asking for too much.
All in all, I would definitely recommend the complex to families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Expansive one and two-bedroom condos range from 1,500 to 1,900 square feet offering one of the finest accommodations on Maui. Each are individually decorated and furnished with all the amenities that you’d expect from a resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Kaanapali Alii reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kaanapali Alii Hotel Lahaina
- Kaanapali Alii Maui/Lahaina