We stayed for 6 nights in November. We were quite impressed by the size of the accomodation, large and fully equipped kitchen, laundry room with new front-loading washer and dryer, nicely furnished and comfortable living and dining areas, spacious balconey with table and chairs, two bedrooms, and two bathrooms. It was like we had never left home, except we were in paradise. It is a short walking distance to nearby restaurants and the Whaler's Village shopping complex. I would recommend Leilani's on the Beach for a sunset dinner (reservations recommended). There is no restaurant on site. We bought groceries and made most of our own meals. We used the propane grills down by pool a couple of times. The swimming pools are modest but adequate, and never crowded. The beach in front of the Kaanapali Alii is excellent. It is a 5-minute walk to Black Rock, one of the best snorkeling sites on Maui. There is an excellent, large, very well-equipped fitness center and tennis courts. Massage services are available, although the spa facilities are quite small. The neighboring Westin hotel has a full spa facility.
Two small criticisms: the air conditioning was a little noisy during the night, and the presence of steps (for example, between the bedroom and a bathroom) was sometimes a little hazardous.
In summary, this is a very quiet, relaxing place with all the comforts of home, in one of the best locations in Maui. It is great for families. We definitely plan to stay here again when we return to Maui.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Expansive one and two-bedroom condos range from 1,500 to 1,900 square feet offering one of the finest accommodations on Maui. Each are individually decorated and furnished with all the amenities that you’d expect from a resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kaanapali Alii reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kaanapali Alii Hotel Lahaina
- Kaanapali Alii Maui/Lahaina