I booked a "ocean front room" about 9 months in advance of my trip to Maui. This was to be a special occasion trip and we wanted to see the whales from our room.
Upon arrival we were told that they were overbooked and could not accomidate our reservation. so we were put into a "ocean view room".
After a little complaining to the manager the next morning, we were given a hefty discount on the room, and one night was thrown in free.
Other than the room mix up this is a great resort.
Great ocean views, and we did stil get to see the whales right from our room, and from the shore.
All in all we will not hesitate to go back to the Papakea again, but next time I am calling them to make sure I get the room I reserve!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A garden paradise on "The Magic Isle." This picturesque oceanfront resort is nestled amid 13 acres of lush tropical landscaping and expansive lawns bordered by flower-lined paths. The resort offers a variety of on-site amenities and activities - with restaurants, galleries and shops of Lahaina and Kaanapali Beach just moments away. Facilities Use and Cleaning Fee: A daily facilities use fee and a one-time housekeeping fee $89 (plus tax) will apply. Daily housekeeping is available for an additional fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aston at Papakea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston At Papakea Hotel Lahaina
- Resortquest Papakea Resort
- Papakea Resort Maui
- Papakea Maui
- Aston At Papakea Resort Maui/Lahaina