I don't know why I waited so long to write this review, but here goes. We went to Maui last summer and stayed at the Papakea. We had a two bedroom condo right on the beach (we got lucky). I've read reviews about thin walls, dirty condos, no beach, bad staff, bad parking, blah, blah, blah. Our condo was clean and met our needs. It was cool at night and we didn't mind if we could occasionally hear people around the complex. The staff was absolutely awesome perhaps because we treated them with respect. It's amazing how well people treat you when you treat them nicely. Hmmm....
True there is not much beach at the Papakea, but the snorkeling was absolutely awesome and it was right there! We didn't have to drive clear around the island like we did in Kauai. The parking was, well, not always great, but even at a big resort, you're going to have to walk to where you are staying. It wasn't that bad. The shopping center across the street had a great restaurant that was small, but had awesome food. I can't remember what it was called. The little place where we rented our snorkel equipment was there also and they were pretty cheap compared to the place in Kauai.
What I have learned about these reviews is this: People who are going to complain, are going to find something to complain about whether they are in paradise or not. In both my trips to Hawaii, I have had nothing but good service, friendly and accomodating staff, respectful locals, and had an absolutely wonderful time. Attitude makes a big difference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A garden paradise on "The Magic Isle." This picturesque oceanfront resort is nestled amid 13 acres of lush tropical landscaping and expansive lawns bordered by flower-lined paths. The resort offers a variety of on-site amenities and activities - with restaurants, galleries and shops of Lahaina and Kaanapali Beach just moments away. Facilities Use and Cleaning Fee: A daily facilities use fee and a one-time housekeeping fee $89 (plus tax) will apply. Daily housekeeping is available for an additional fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Vacatia, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston at Papakea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston At Papakea Hotel Lahaina
- Resortquest Papakea Resort
- Papakea Resort Maui
- Papakea Maui
- Aston At Papakea Resort Maui/Lahaina