We just returned from a week long stay at Papakea. I have stayed at this property a long time ago with my family and was worried about returning with my husband after reading some reviews on here. Fortunately, we had a fantastic stay at Papakea and I was reminded of the great value of this resort.
Papakea is a quiet, clean, and well kept condominium resort on a beautiful oceanfront location. Yes, the "good" beach is a five minute walk but it is a scenic and enjoyable walk so this shouldn't be a problem for most. The grounds are extremely well maintained with two beautiful kidney shaped pools, hot tubs, putting greens, shuffle boards, tennis courts, ponds, and tiki torches. It is a family resort so yes there are kids but they are everywhere on Maui!
Upon check in we asked for an upgraded room and were given K301 (one bedroom). This was fantastic because not only was it upgraded, it offered a better ocean view than the garden view we had booked! The upgrades consisted of tiled floor throughout, tiled counters, and a brand new shower. Yes the decor was wicker furniture, shells, and pineapples, but that is part of its Maui charm. There was an ac unit in the main room and my husband and I both felt this was more than sufficient to keep us cool throughout the night.
Service was prompt and friendly. We very much appreciated the free mai tai party on Thursday afternoon :). Maid service was appropriate. They changed the bed linens, towels, and tidied the room but YES you are responsible for cleaning up after your own dishes and laundry which should be anticipated for the price you are paying!!
I would recommend Papakea for families looking for great value in a resort. It has everything you need and is a beautiful property! Another bonus is it is right next door to the Times Market and ABC store, and a short walk from Honokawai farmers market which is very convenient.
Thank you for a wonderful experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A garden paradise on "The Magic Isle." This picturesque oceanfront resort is nestled amid 13 acres of lush tropical landscaping and expansive lawns bordered by flower-lined paths. The resort offers a variety of on-site amenities and activities - with restaurants, galleries and shops of Lahaina and Kaanapali Beach just moments away. Facilities Use and Cleaning Fee: A daily facilities use fee and a one-time housekeeping fee $89 (plus tax) will apply. Daily housekeeping is available for an additional fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston at Papakea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston At Papakea Hotel Lahaina
- Resortquest Papakea Resort
- Papakea Resort Maui
- Papakea Maui
- Aston At Papakea Resort Maui/Lahaina