Aston at Papakea Resort
Best Western Pioneer Inn(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$215
$197
BestWestern.com
$267
$259
Official Website
  • Beachfront
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$266
$207
$419
  • Pool
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$245
Cancelon
$499
Hotelpower.com
  • Beachfront
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort(Lahaina)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,132 results
All reviewsmaui dreams come trueputting greengrocery storesea wallocean frontliving roomshuffle boardsandy beachfarmers marketbeautiful groundstennis courtspools and hot tubsc unitground floorwasher and dryerthrough vrbofull kitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband & I just returned from our stay in Hawaii and while we had an amazing time in Hawaii, we would not recommend staying at Papakea resort booking with Maui Dreams Come True.
I should have known better based on previous reviews but ignored them and went ahead with the booking, communication with MDCT was great at the beginning, right up until we arrived at the condo. Check-in was easy at the Papakea front desk, staff seemed to be very nice. We went up to our "ocean view" private condo and were very disappointed. First of all, we were greated with an awful odour, the entire condo smelled like vomit. I immediately contacted Misty, left a message and never heard from her again. I lit a small travel candle I had brought with me and we turned on the AC (only AC in the living room, no AC in the bedroom) and that seemed to help. There's carpeting on the balcony and in the bedroom that is in definite need of replacement, in fact, the whole place could use some renovating, furniture was dirty and in need of replacement/good cleaning. I wasn't expecting 5-star... but I also wasn't expecting 2-star. The condo was not as clean as I would have expected, there is an obvious film of dust on everything (lamps, closet doors, etc...) which tells me these surfaces are ignored, and the floors/bathroom could really use a good scrub. The shower would NOT drain, it was disgusting, a short shower would result in a "bath" of water, it clogged every single time we used it. There was also hair in the shower and on the bathroom counter top (when we arrived). I'm not unreasonable, I know this isn't a five-star place, I also know it's a private condo, but my expectation is that it is fully cleaned and in working order and doesn't smell like vomit. Gross. I would also expect that If I contact the company I booked with due to a problem, that they return my call immediately, not once did I hear from Misty (still haven't). Very disappointing. The view was a partial view of the ocean, that could only be seen from the balcony, and when you're on the balcony, it's not private at all. The Papakea grounds were well-kept, the pool & hot tub were great, there is no beach but there is grass where you can sit and watch the sunset. Perhaps an ocean-front room rented directly from the resort or another private owner would be ideal, we would NOT recommend renting from Maui Dreams Come True, and would not recommend this particular unit.
I want to also mention that I did try to upgrade (with cost) to an ocean front room, I was quoted a price for an available unit by Misty and less than 12 hrs later when I told her I'd take it she told me it had been rented, and then offered me a "luxury unit" in the same building (C) on the second floor (same partial ocean view). It was a significant increase in cost (more than the ocean front would have cost us) and it seemed like all we were getting were upgraded finishes in the condo, not justifiable for us given the little time we planned to spend there - felt like bait & switch. In the end I would have rather paid more booking elsewhere and definitely asking more questions. I gave this two stars because of the pool/hot tub, location of resort. The unit & Maui Dreams Come true earn a big fat 0.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this unit. Read the reviews!!! If you do stay at this resort, do not rent from Maui Dreams Come True - rent from Papakea or choose another private owner. Go for ocean front.
4  Thank Cdntrvlr21
Daveatpapakea, Manager at Aston at Papakea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Aloha,

I manage the Aston program on site at the Papakea the management company this guest booked on is an off site management company that Aston has no affiliation with. All reviews for the Papakea fall under Aston as we manage the majority of the rental units. When you book Aston at the Papakea and you have a problem just pick up the phone in the condo dial 0 and it goes directly to our front desk and we solve the problem. If they do not solve the problem ask for me my office is right next to the front desk. This guest would have done well to book through Aston as we have many condos with A/C in all the rooms.

Mahalo,

Dave

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My family and I just returned from our stay at the Papakea Resort. We stayed in RM G406 and booked through Maui Dreams Come True. I asked twice before we booked if the condo had air conditioning and was told it did. I forgot to ask if it was in every room. The air conditioning was only in the living room. The condo has a loft and we were going to use it for three people to sleep. It was so hot it was uninhabitable. It must have been around 90 degrees. I called Misty at Maui Dreams because the people at the front desk said they couldn't help me due to my booking with Misty. Well, I tried calling Misty three times and finally got her the next afternoon. She sent over a large fan that was very noisy. It was still hot, hard to sleep due to the noise. The furniture was very uncomfortable. The owner provided an umbrella and one chair. We had to buy coolers. I will never go through Maui Dreams nor will I stay at the Papakea. I might add we moved on to Kehei and stayed at a three bedroom condo that was to die for. Very luxurious. Please beware and ask lots of questions.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank LindaSue98632

Aloha,

I could just have you read the review response above this one it is the same off site management company. Aston has standards that our condos have to follow or we will not let them in our rental pool.

Mahalo,

Dave Schneider
Aston at the Papakea Resort

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We enjoyed our stay- our studio unit was clean and the kitchen had everything you needed for your stay. The grounds were beautiful with swimming pools and koi ponds. We also really enjoyed that they had movie rentals you can get from a machine every night.

So overall it was good but...... this hotel does not have a beach (only tanning on the grass and a sea wall) and we found the beach next door dissapointing. Since we had a car this was not too much of an inconvinience as we just drove to different places every day. Also they do provide beach towels but they looked like they had been washed a hundred times (which they probably have).
I got this hotel on hotwire for a good rate, so I was happy with the hotel for what I paid but not sure how I would feel if it had been the original price. If I return to Hawaii I may stay here again but would probably look around for other hotels and see what the options are.

2  Thank travelangel777
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed here a few years ago and couldn't have been more pleased with the room accommodations and the place was well kept and clean. The pool is cleaned every day and the grounds are inspected for needed repairs, etc, daily. The workers there are very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: It's definitely worth the extra to get a ocean side view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rminpin
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed at unit 307B. The unit was clean and well maintained, and the resort has nice amenities, well kept gardens, a nice swimming pool, jacuzzi and grills. Grocery stores are 2 minutes away (walking distance) and there are a few sandwich shops, mexican restaurants and and ABC store nearby as well. Convenient location, great view from the property, and reasonable prices (low season).

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are too expensive and only have a view to the ocean, not the beach (no sand beach in Papakea). Better to rent an ocean view property so you have a nice view from the lanai of the pool, gardens and the ocean all together.