This is my first review of Papakea, however my wife and I have stayed there 10 times over the past 3 years. We always get ocean front; I think it is worth the extra money to wake up looking at the ocean, and listening to the waves at night. Not to mention seeing the whales play during the season.
The staff are wonderful and helpful.
The resort is convenient to everything you need from Pizza Hut, Farmers Market, and a full size grocery store called Times. Actually I found their prizes very reasonable and will not stop at the Costco Circus again.
My only suggestions to Papakea: Internet is slow. Some of the rooms are much more modern than others (privately owned so it is up to the owner to keep them up) No beach - we don't care as we drive to the beaches, or there is one right next door. BBQ's don't get super hot. Disappointed that you have recently added a $10 resort fee.
Papakea is the best bang for your dollar, we have walked from there to Whaler's Village and have toured most of the properties north into Napili, and Papakea has them all beat.
I just thought I should write a review because we have stayed their so many times. Perhaps I didn't want to share as I don't want them to get to popular.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A garden paradise on "The Magic Isle." This picturesque oceanfront resort is nestled amid 13 acres of lush tropical landscaping and expansive lawns bordered by flower-lined paths. The resort offers a variety of on-site amenities and activities - with restaurants, galleries and shops of Lahaina and Kaanapali Beach just moments away. Facilities Use and Cleaning Fee: A daily facilities use fee and a one-time housekeeping fee $89 (plus tax) will apply. Daily housekeeping is available for an additional fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aston at Papakea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston At Papakea Hotel Lahaina
- Resortquest Papakea Resort
- Papakea Resort Maui
- Papakea Maui
- Aston At Papakea Resort Maui/Lahaina