“A great family holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Lahaina
Victoria
“A great family holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

The hotel is great. This is our second stay and we'll be back. The condo was clean, well equipped and comfortable. The restaurant is a island favorite and the fish sandwich is amazing.

• Stayed November 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

After ready many hotel reviews, and doing a thorough price comparison, I chose the Kaanapali Villas for my trip to Maui, and I am so glad I did. This place is wonderful! I stayed in the Banyan building, which I prefer over a high rise hotel. It is only two stories, had a full kitchen, and a large balcony with a breathtaking view of the pool area and garden. It saves you a lot of money to forgo the ocean view. And you are still very very close to the beach. It was so quiet in this location, because it is a back from the beach and the larger pool. It has a pool and hot tub right there too. It was updated and beautiful. The room had granite counter tops in the kitchen, completely modern and clean like any of the best hotels I have been in. I am very picky about lodging. I like to stay in a place that feels luxurious and this place fit the bill. I felt so comfortable and pampered. And the price was amazing!! Check the hotel website for specials. Also when you check in, ask for an updated room. If you don't like the room they give you, go ask for a different room. We got lucky and the first room we were assigned was a dream! All I was expecting was a one bedroom and we actually got a loft with a bedroom and full bath upstairs, and a small bedroom and full bath down stairs. It was great to each have our own bathroom. All the construction on the lobby was complete by the time I got there, and it looks beautiful. The gift shop was newly opened and had great prices on souvenirs. You can pick up many great trinkets to bring back for gifts, for under 4 dollars; calendars, mini tikis, hair flower clips....we were surprised at how low the prices were. The beach there is beautiful, and the hotel restaurant is right at the edge of the beach, and the food is great. You will be so happy if you stay here. It is a great value, and so perfect! the grounds are immaculate too. It has a very nice relaxed feel, and many tall swaying palm trees to make you really feel like you are in the tropics!
We went to the "Drums of the Pacific" Lu'au at the Hyatt. I highly recommend this one. And be sure to get a VIP ticket, it costs a little more but you get a front row seat and first in line at the buffet. This lu'au is really well done.
Also, don't miss "Warren and Annabelle's Magic show" !!! Even if you don't like magic shows, it does not matter-- GO SEE THIS SHOW YOU WILL LOVE IT! This is a really funny and entertaining show, and be sure to get the "Royal Flush" package, that includes the most amazing drinks, food and dessert!! you will not be able to eat it all, but you will want to! Please be sure to book your tickets in advance on their website, because it sells out a week in advance, and believe me, you don't want to miss this incredible show! I am still smiling just thinking about it.
We also took an afternoon boat to snorkel at Molokini on, "the Pride of Maui" and it was so fun. Only a 3.5 hour trip so not too long, which is good for me since I don't like to be on a boat all day. Plus it there were only about 21 of us on a large boat so plenty of room and the food was fresh, grilled burgers, veggie burgers, hot dogs and all you can drink, beer, tropical drinks, you name it ! and the cost was only about 40 dollars. The crew was really nice, and you can rent any equipment you need right on the boat. We thought it was a great deal, we went to Molokini. Saw lots of pretty colorful fish. Yes, I had a wonderful vacation, and I am already planning my next trip. I will definitely be staying at the Kaanapali Villas. It is a beautiful place to be. You will love it there.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
5 Thank macmurphy17
Penticton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

This was my first trip to maui, I came with my parents who have been to this hotel 3 times before. I love Maui and this hotel made my experience that much better. The staff were friendly, the food, beverages and service at castaways was excellent. The pool was always very clean as was the hot tub, and the beach front was amazing. We had room 111 which was very spacious and always cleaned daily. The housekeeping staff was very promt when we asked for clean pool towels and it was lovely sitting out on our deck for breakfast every morning.
The only thing that was a little frustrating was the weather which was obviously not the hotels fault, it was a little cold and rainy on somedays but it was still warm, and the hot tub was lovely when the outside was a little colder.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank imdb
ri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

The Kaanapali Villas have everything that the traveler who is not looking for extravagence needs - a restaurant, clean comfortable rooms and beds, a magnificent beach and view, and quite possibly the best staff that I have encountered in all of the hotels that I have been to.

When we checked in I informed the receptionist that it was our anniversary and she gave us a bottle of champagne and told us that she could upgrade us, but not until the following night. She gave us our key and then gave us a map of where she would have our bags sent to the following day due to the fact that we were planning on going to Hana and would be gone. My husband and I went to our room and about an hour later the phone rang; it was the receptionist telling us that she had an even nicer room come available for the next day and wondered if we would like the better room which we accepted and was immensely pleased with!

The rest of the trip followed suit. I can say that neither my husband or have any complaibt other than we couldn't do a late checkout...because someone else was due in the room later that day - that really isn't a problem though. The hotel even made up for that by giving us a pool key so that we could stay until we were ready to leave for our flight.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lizjgaryj
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

I was very pleased with Maui Kaanapali Villas. From the check in to the check out we had a great experience. Joe checked us in and was very helpful. I was concerned about having a second floor unit because my father has difficulty with stairs, but Joe assured us we would love the unit and he was right! It was recently remodeled. The kitchen had new cabinets and beautiful granite countertops. The bathroom was also recently remodeled and had a beautiful walk in shower with a stone surround, new cabinets and another granite countertop. There was a loft bedroom with it's own bath. Both of the beds were new and very comfortable. We had a beautiful, large lanai which overlooked the smaller pool (which we had to ourselves almost every day). We were just about a 2 minute walk to the beach. The beach at Kaanapali Villas was the best beach I saw. Not rocky at all, just beautiful soft sand. And not crowded at all. The hotel was convenient to everything. They even have a trolley that runs to the shopping center and other hotels. There is also a great walking path that runs along the beach and connects to many of the other hotels. If I had to give any negative comments it would be that the lobby is under construction and the reception area was cramped. But I'm sure when they finish the construction it will be fabulous. This was a small, quiet complex. If you are looking for a lot of ammenties you won't find them, but if you are looking for a quiet, simple place to stay, this is it. All in all it was a great experience and I will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Paula0425
Spokane, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

I read several reviews on this website about people not getting the type of rooms that they expected and I ignored them thinking that 29 bad reviews out of 318 were pretty good odds, and I regret it.
My family and I saved for five years to take a vacation in Maui and we wanted to stay in a nice place. I looked at pictures and took virtual tours on the Aston website and the place looked beautiful. After reading the bad reviews on trip advisor, I even called to make sure that we got the quality room we wanted and I was assured that if I made the reservation on the Aston website, and then all was fine because Aston has certain standards of rooms they will rent.
When we checked in we were given a room that was never updated and didn’t look anything like the virtual tour. It looked old and dated with teal tile floors and shag carpet with plastic on the dining room table chairs. The shower was gross. I tried to get another room, but the hotel was under renovation so nothing else was available. The manager on duty told me “when you order a burger at Wendy’s, you don’t get the burger in the picture; you get the one they give you”. Nice comparison.
We tried to find another hotel, but the internet did not even work. In order to get it to work we had to call the cable company ourselves and schedule an appointment. I called the general manager several times, but could never get a hold of him, so I called the corporate office and finally talked to someone. They offered us a different room that was like the one I expected but our trip was over halfway over by then. The trip that was supposed to be so great and we had looked forward to had really been ruined by a lie.
Don’t Do It.

• 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank hoyt1980
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

After staying at the disgusting Ohana Beachcomber in Waikiki this place was like heaven!

We were highly impressed right from the start, the grounds were immaculate and staff were friendlier than anyone we had spoken to on the whole of Oahu. Joe checked us in and we felt welcomed straight away.

our rooms were very hawaiian and beautiful with our own kitchen and complimentary box of chocolates (which were delicious!). The staff are a true asset to the Villas.

Location is ideal on Kaanapali Beach, a free trolley (shuttle) to the local shops where you can pay $1 for a bus into Lahaina town. Lots of facilities within the hotel including a gorgeous pool and spa, free wireless internet in your room and sparkling clean barbecue facilities.

Next time i come to Hawaii I will skip Oahu entirely and i will stay at the Kaanapali Villas again 110%!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010