Due to reading previous reviews, I was aware that not all of the Aston units have been updated and that they could not guarantee # of beds. We rented through a realtor so we could choose our unit. This is more of a review of the resort itself, not the individual unit we stayed in D271 (which we loved).
Everyone we encountered at the resort was friendly and helpful. The pool was perfect size to be fun for the kids but easy for the parents to keep an eye on them. The waterfall and bridges made it interesting. There were always one or two other kids in the pool for them to play with and they made lots of friends. The kids also loved the shuffleboard court.
The beach was perfect for us. Swimming was relatively easy, no rocks or coral to cut yourself on. We snorkeled/swam north to Airport Beach and found dozens of different kinds of fish right off shore. It was an easy swim to get there and then we walked back along the beach because we were waterlogged after 2 hours of snorkeling! The following day we walked down to the Sheraton to snorkel at Black Rock in search of turtles. We found a few and enjoyed that but the beach at Maui Kaanapali Villas was so nice and uncrowded compared to Black Rock beach that we left as soon as we were done snorkeling. Also, for that day, Black Rock beach had a rough shore break to deal with.
We ate at Castaway Cafe 2 times. One meal was a lunch where we were happy with the food and the price but the portion size was just too much. Had I known how large the portions were, we would have shared. The other meal was the 2 for 1 pasta night (Tuesday?) which we enjoyed after a long day on the Road to Hana. It was convenient, nice for the price and the pasta was decent. Again huge portions. Service was friendly and efficient. Convenience was the biggest plus.
Other notes about the hotel: The lobby shop was a bit pricey (as expected) and the hours were not great. Used the guest laundry and had to wait for it to open (was still on East Coast time so was up early every day). Had to pay for computer use to print out some papers we needed. "free" internet in our condo was spotty and you had to continually sign back in. Parking was never an issue (we were in the Dolphin building) It was a quick drive to the Times Market and Snorkel Bobs, a bit further to Lahaina in the other direction but again not far. Front desk easily held a package that was delivered to us even though we didn't rent through Aston. They also provided extra keys when we realized you needed the key card for pool access and wanted to get one for each of us.
Loved this place and would definitely stay again and recommend it to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This may be Kaanapali's finest beachfront setting. Resting amid 11 acres of exotic tropical gardens in the heart of the Kaanapali Resort area, the resort has an on-site water activity center, two newly-renovated pool areas and a free shuttle to Kaanapali Resort area shopping and activities. The poolside cafe features island cuisine accompanied by an expansive wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Vacatia and Priceline so you can book your Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Resortquest Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Hotel
- Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Resortquest Kaanapali Villas
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Lahaina