This is our second time here and we will be coming back. This is an HOA resort meaning that all units are individually owned. Some are in the rental pool and managed by Aston and others are managed by the owner and available through VRBO or some similar site. This means that the units are not uniform as with a hotel. Some units are renovated and updated and others are not. You need to do your due diligence on the unit before booking.
This resort is conveniently located in Kaanapali with a fantastic sandy beach out front that is perfect for swiming (no rocks). About 50 meters up the beach (in front of the mansions and the Westin) is a spectacular coral reef that rivals Black Rock. That makes this is an exceptional snorkeling site that is suitable for adults and children.
The resort is about 50 years old but has been recently renovated in the lobby and pool area. It has an "old Hawaii" feel to it that you will enjoy.
There are two very nice pools and the landscaping is exceptional. Lots of sun and lots of natural shade.
The onsite restaurant (Castway Cafe) is great for breakfast and lunch but below average for dinner. If you must have dinner there order off the lunch menu. The restaurant has exceptional wine list that has been recognized by Wine Spectator magazine. Lets be serious though, the Castaway is a "diner" and the wine list is out of place here.
The onsite market is good for most sundries. But the store at the Royal Lahaina next door is better. If you need to book activis there is an onsite person and lots of competition nearby for rentals. Dont buy a snorkel or boogey board or beach chairs. All of that stuff can be rented at reasonable rates. fom Boss Frogs or Snorkel Bobs nearby.
If you want to try some local cuisine for dinner, check out the nearby Ono Kau Kau about a block or two from the Time Market. This is a greasy spoon, but you will enjoy the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This may be Kaanapali's finest beachfront setting. Resting amid 11 acres of exotic tropical gardens in the heart of the Kaanapali Resort area, the resort has an on-site water activity center, two newly-renovated pool areas and a free shuttle to Kaanapali Resort area shopping and activities. The poolside cafe features island cuisine accompanied by an expansive wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Vacatia, Otel, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Resortquest Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Hotel
- Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Resortquest Kaanapali Villas
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Lahaina