We stayed in room 346 which is a 1 bedroom suite. Overall and good stay. Just remember it's a condo, not a resort so don't compare with that and it's the only reason why it's a 3 out of 5 stars. Front desk service was good when we checked in or when we had questions. Plase was pretty clean. Small resort but had what's needed. The 2 pools aren't very big but it wasn't busy at all during Septemer and pretty much had access to it at all times if we wanted. Though, I have to admit we spent most of our time beach hopping and checking out the island than at the place. Fitness centre was decent. Internet would cut out now and then so if you're going for business, probably not good for you.
Sleep accomadations were decent. Room was garden facing but that refers to the balcony off the living room area, not the bedroom. The window in there was more a sky window you can't see out of and since that faced the front of the hotel and beside the resort next door, it was noisy at times but bareable. Again, we weren't planning on spending much time there. Beach small but since majority of the beaches on Maui are public access, we were planning on checking out the other beaches anyways.
Kitchen was adequate with everything you need. Grocery store conveniently across the street. We intentially picked a condo resort not only because it's cheaper but so we can make our own breakfasts and pack lunch/snacks to bring on the road when needed. Microwave above the stove didn't work, including the vent/fan for the stove. They did provide a 2nd microwave though.
Washing machine leaked once with soap suds and all but we didn't even use it. Must have been a leak in the pipe from one of the suites either above or below us. Called it in and took several hours for them to come but was done by the time we left and came back after dinner.
Resturant onsite was convenient but service was REALLY slow so don't go if you're in a rush.
Overall, a decent place with good value for the price you pay, clean and comfortable. Again, not bad if you remember it's a condo and not a hotel resort. Would recommend if you're just looking for a comfortable, afforadable place to stay that's not far from everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located beachfront on Kaanapali Beach, this magnificent condominium resort combines spacious, well-appointed suites with hotel-caliber services. Enjoy the beauty of expanse ocean views and direct access to the beach. Amenities include complete kitchens, WiFi, onsite cultural programs, an activities desk for off-site arrangements, and a year-round kids program, Camp Kaanapali. This self-contained property boasts 2 swimming pools, a beachfront restaurant and bar, fitness center and spa featuring an indoor/outdoor massage service. All of these great amenities and services combined with an exceptional guest service staff make for an unforgettable vacation and the experience of true Aloha Spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aston Kaanapali Shores reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Hotel Lahaina
- Aston Hotel Kaanapali Shores
- Kaanapali Shores Maui
- Maui Aston Kaanapali Shores Condominiums
- Aston Kaanapali Shores Condos
- Maui Resortquest Kaanapali Shores
- Kaanapali Shores Hotel
- Resortquest Kaanapali Shores Maui
- Kaanapali Shores Resort
- Aston Kaanapali Shores Maui/Lahaina