We stayed at the Kaanapali Shores for four nights in early December. The complex deserves it's good reviews on tripadvisor: we were pleased with both our room and the hotel in general. After walking up and down the beach and peering in at other properties we could have chosen, we were very happy with our decision.
We arrived on a Tuesday at around 1pm; there was no early checkin, but I consider that a bonus, not a requirement. At 3pm, we were given room 249 (see map I uploaded), which was a one bedroom garden view (total for four nights came to $800 via orbitz). The location was great - try to avoid the rooms right near the parking as those seemed like they would have been noisier to me (such as 39, 41...) - and I was happy that we weren't on the first floor (more privacy.)
Our room was very spacious, with a wonderful king bed and nice linens. The living room was also very large, and the deck outside was great for sitting on and drinking wine. Everything was clean. Some notes: the kitchen had no food whatsoever (eg olive oil, spices, etc) so bring anything you might want (there was salt + pepper.) The w/d did come with laundry detergent for one load; perfect for us. Check your apartment carefully; it wasn't until the last day that we realized boogie boards were stashed under the bed.
In general, we found the resort pretty quiet and relaxing. The beach had plenty of lounge chairs, although the pool did fill up on the nice days. The bar didn't completely rip you off (drinks were about $6 each) and the restaurant food, although not the best cuisine I've ever had, was suprisingly decent. The staff was attentive: one night we spilled a drink on the bed sheet and someone came up immediately with new sheets.
Evenings are very relaxed: we spent time in the hot tubs or listening to the many birds that visit and sing at night.
One great perk we didn't expect: we checked out early Saturday morning and took an all-day snorkeling cruise (our flight left late that night.) When we returned to pick up our bags, we were given keys to a vacant room so we could shower and dress.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located beachfront on Kaanapali Beach, this magnificent condominium resort combines spacious, well-appointed suites with hotel-caliber services. Enjoy the beauty of expanse ocean views and direct access to the beach. Amenities include complete kitchens, WiFi, onsite cultural programs, an activities desk for off-site arrangements, and a year-round kids program, Camp Kaanapali. This self-contained property boasts 2 swimming pools, a beachfront restaurant and bar, fitness center and spa featuring an indoor/outdoor massage service. All of these great amenities and services combined with an exceptional guest service staff make for an unforgettable vacation and the experience of true Aloha Spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aston Kaanapali Shores reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Hotel Lahaina
- Aston Hotel Kaanapali Shores
- Kaanapali Shores Maui
- Maui Aston Kaanapali Shores Condominiums
- Aston Kaanapali Shores Condos
- Maui Resortquest Kaanapali Shores
- Kaanapali Shores Hotel
- Resortquest Kaanapali Shores Maui
- Kaanapali Shores Resort
- Aston Kaanapali Shores Maui/Lahaina