Had an enjoyable stay at the ResortQuest Kaanapali Shores. Stayed there for 7 nights starting from October 1.
Overall - The property is accurately described in some of the other reviews.
Room - We stayed in a 1 bedroom ocean view room. If you can spend a little bit more, the ocean view is well worth the difference. Both the living room and bedroom have ocean views. Otherwise, in the garden view room, your bedroom might face the parking lot. The room had everything needed including a washer and dryer. Room was clean and the furniture was fairly new.
Pool - Depending on what you are looking for, the two pools are – two pools. They are not spectacular in anyway, but functional. There is an evening hula show at one of the pools that’s worth checking out.
Restaurant - Our package included $100 food credit at the restaurant. Though there isn’t any room service, the restaurant allows takeout. (The view from our 8th floor was much better than the view from the restaurant.) Fairly typically hotel/restaurant menu and food quality. Though the turnaround time for orders was excellent.
Location - The property is located on the North side of Kaanapali beach. Out of everything the beach was the most disappointing part of this location. I previously stayed at the Westin (located near Whaler’s Village) and that part of Kaanapali beach is very nice. This part is very steep, a little narrow, the surf is a little rougher and has a slight undertow. The beach itself had a lot of seaweed. It wasn’t my ideal Maui beach. If you don’t mind walking about 10 minutes south along the beach, you’ll find it to be much better. Since we had two young children (2 & 4) in our party, we ended up driving to Lahaina’s baby beach and Kapalua bay a few times. Lahaina’s baby beach is located behind some houses. The surf is very calm, so kids won’t get knocked down. If you want a good beach for toddlers, ask and get directions. You won’t be disappointed. Kapalua bay is located between Napali and Kapalua. It’s a good beach for playing in the sand and snorkeling. It also has public parking and restrooms.
Other amenities: A small strip mall is located across the street with a Star market. Star has most everything you will need, but if you plan major cooking, stop at Safeway in Lahaina. The Pizza place is decent for a quick bite. Going north there is an ABC store, past that location is a great little coffee shop and a snorkel shop.
Final thoughts – If you are looking for a condo, with good amenities consider the ResortQuest Kaanapali Shores. If you require an excellent beach within walking distance from your room, consider other locations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located beachfront on Kaanapali Beach, this magnificent condominium resort combines spacious, well-appointed suites with hotel-caliber services. Enjoy the beauty of expanse ocean views and direct access to the beach. Amenities include complete kitchens, WiFi, onsite cultural programs, an activities desk for off-site arrangements, and a year-round kids program, Camp Kaanapali. This self-contained property boasts 2 swimming pools, a beachfront restaurant and bar, fitness center and spa featuring an indoor/outdoor massage service. All of these great amenities and services combined with an exceptional guest service staff make for an unforgettable vacation and the experience of true Aloha Spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Hotels.com, Vacatia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aston Kaanapali Shores reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Hotel Lahaina
- Aston Hotel Kaanapali Shores
- Kaanapali Shores Maui
- Maui Aston Kaanapali Shores Condominiums
- Aston Kaanapali Shores Condos
- Maui Resortquest Kaanapali Shores
- Kaanapali Shores Hotel
- Resortquest Kaanapali Shores Maui
- Kaanapali Shores Resort
- Aston Kaanapali Shores Maui/Lahaina