Aston Kaanapali Shores
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
2,686 results
All reviewsthe beach club restaurantfull kitchengrocery storealoha suitegarden poolocean viewamenity feewasher and dryerstrip mallbedroom condoon site restaurantjava jazzparking feetennis courtsper daybeautiful groundsfitness center
FilterAll languages
Bourbonnais, IL
Reviewed October 10, 2005

very good experience.....everyone was very professional...great room....we had everything we needed to make this a wonderful experience...would definitely recommend staying at this resort.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 27, 2005

We just returned from a six day stay at Kaanapali Shores (9/22-9/27) with our two children, ages 3 and 6 months, and found the hotel quite decent. The grounds were very nice as other reviewers have said. The two pools were not fancy but perfectly adequate for us. My 3 year old loved the garden pool and spend a lot of time there. Based on previous comments, I was a bit nervous about staying at Kaanapali Shores, but I called ahead and requested a renovated 1-bedroom ocean view suite on a high floor. We were in Room 930 on the top floor, and looked out over the parking lot and a canal along the side of the hotel. However, since we were so high up we basically looked out over the ocean towards Lanai. It was quite beautiful. We might not have enjoyed a room on a lower floor with the same view. I was pleased to see that the room was very clean and we loved the washer/dryer unit! The front desk was quite helpful and efficient. Initally, when I found out that we didn't have a room facing the garden/pool area, the front desk was happy to let me visit a couple of other rooms facing the garden. We ultimately decided to stay in our room so as to avoid another move. Housekeeping cleaned every day and were very nice. We just had drinks in the beach club area and each visit took a very long time.....We decided not to have any meals there based on previous comments, and once there, determined that, in any case, service there would take too long. We did enjoy wonderful meals at the Gazebo in the Napili Shores Resort, CJ's Deli, Leilani's in Whaler's Village, and of course, Cafe O'Lei. I'd say Cafe O'Lei and Gazebo were the best followed by Leilani's. Bad --- Coffee, just north up the street from the hotel, makes great Lattes (better than Soup and Nutz across the street - although their breakfast is very good if a bit slow in service). Pizza Paradizo across the street was overpriced and had mediocre food in my opinion. Avoid the Star Market across the street - its overpriced and hardly has anything- and do your shopping at Safeway and Longs Drugs in Lahaina at the Cannery Mall. There's an ABC just north of the hotel as well. I hurt my knee and needed to see a doctor during our stay. There is a clinic at Whaler's Village that saw me right away and takes pretty much every medical insurance. They faxed in my prescription to Longs and I thought the whole thing was very efficiently handled. I can also recommend the Four Winds II Snorkeling Trip to Molokini. We took it two years ago and again this week. There is also a great beach just two streets south of the hotel - Kakekili Beach Park - it has restrooms, picnic benches, a grassy area and a pretty wide and clean white sand beach that was not very crowded. Its good for snorkeling too. Overall, a great trip and I would stay at this hotel again.

11  Thank foodieFosterCity
New York, NY
Reviewed September 27, 2005

Stayed at this place in mid-September, 2005. The room was spacious, clean and well-appointed for the price with a full kitchen, two bathrooms and two bedrooms, and we were given a $100 credit for food and drinks (I don't know if this is standard or it was part of our deal). The gym is good - several treadmills, stepmaster, stationary bikes and nautilus machines, plus freeweights - though a bit small for all the equipment. The two pools are small but uncrowded in the mornings or evenings (I wasn't there during the afternoons). Souvenir and clothing stores are right in the hotel. The hotel also has a free shuttle bus to downtown Lahaina. The beach immediately in front of the hotel has a great view of the three islands off Maui, but might be the worst in Maui - rocky and prone to lots of seaweed and other natural debris. A short walk - about 1/2 mile - down the beach leads to nice, sandy stretches with good snorkeling close to shore. It's not a walk for the frail. In some spots the beach is narrow and the surf gets very close to the tree/bushline. The hotel is a quick drive to the best snorkeling spot on the island - Honolua Bay - as well as some fantastic scenic shore views. Across the street is a small shopping center with a supermarket, restaurants, snorkel shop (a Boss Frog's and a cheap local snorkel shop are just down the street too), and other conveniences. The staff was friendly and efficient.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Glendale, California
Reviewed September 13, 2005

My family and I just returned from a 10 day stay at Kaanapali Shores and it was truly the most enjoyable vacation I can remember. We stayed in one of the Aloha Suites which was much more than what I imagined. The balcony was so great that we never wanted to go out. My girls couldn't get enough of the ocean and swimming pool. My 6 year old had a great time at Camp Kaanapali. I hope to return again some day.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 8, 2005

"10 Stars" - Can't say enough about the Shores. Six of us (4 grown kids) stayed from Aug 31st through Sept 6th and LOVED every minute. We had a 2 bd/2 bath oceanfront that was spectacular and worth every penny. Rainbows outside our lanai, no noise, beautiful grounds/pool and the restaurant was great. Location is wonderful, close to everything. Let's not forget the Staff . . thanks to Ms. Tanner, Kula and too many others to mention. We ALL felt like Royalty. Will definitely see you again soon. Mahalo.

13  Thank Tsites