We normally stay at Diamond Resorts Kaanapali Beach Club, but the lack of 2 BR units there, several 2 BR units here combined with family joining us this time to Maui made Aston Kaanapali Shores our destination. We were not disappointed.
Our stay was split in 2, with 4 nights in an Ocean Front unit and 7 in an Ocean View. We were on the top floor of each building - Room 460 first and then Room 852 for the remainder of the stay. Clearly, the ocean front unit was the far better view, and had more room as far as beds since it had a loft, but there was SO much of the owners nic-nacs and furniture in Room 460 that it felt very tight in there. The amenities were nice, including the appliances, and I would not have a problem staying in that room again, but with 5 people it was too snug.
Room 852 did not have a loft, so the 5th person utilized the hide-a-bed in the Living room, but when it was folded up, there seemed to be far more space just because of the clutter free room. The beds in 460 were smaller but more comfortable, and 852 needed a little cosmetic work done by it's owner.
As far as the Aston management side of it, we were very happy with the service we received from every single employee there. Each one was courteous and made every attempt to help when asked, and offered their assistance when they weren't asked. The rooms and public areas were kept clean and we appreciate their efforts.
The pools are not big, but there are two and we did not have trouble getting a chaise lounge any day we tried. Of course, the beach is right there too. The snorkeling is decent right off the shore, but not nearly as good as a dozen other areas nearby like Kapalua Bay or Honolua Bay.
The resort is near a nice little center that has Times grocery, Paradiso Pizza (excellent!) and a few shops and other eateries. Honokawai Okazuya is a block north of the resort and is great - don't miss the Teriyaki Steak. It is all takeout except for a half dozen small tables, so it is perfect for a night in the room. An ABC store is just north too, and that is the closest gas station. There are dozens of restaurants close by, so the Shores is definitely conveniently located.
All in all, we were happy with the resort and it would have been a 5 out of 5 if room #1 had less clutter and room 2 had more comfortable beds. We would certainly entertain staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located beachfront on Kaanapali Beach, this magnificent condominium resort combines spacious, well-appointed suites with hotel-caliber services. Enjoy the beauty of expanse ocean views and direct access to the beach. Amenities include complete kitchens, WiFi, onsite cultural programs, an activities desk for off-site arrangements, and a year-round kids program, Camp Kaanapali. This self-contained property boasts 2 swimming pools, a beachfront restaurant and bar, fitness center and spa featuring an indoor/outdoor massage service. All of these great amenities and services combined with an exceptional guest service staff make for an unforgettable vacation and the experience of true Aloha Spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aston Kaanapali Shores reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Hotel Lahaina
- Aston Hotel Kaanapali Shores
- Kaanapali Shores Maui
- Maui Aston Kaanapali Shores Condominiums
- Aston Kaanapali Shores Condos
- Maui Resortquest Kaanapali Shores
- Kaanapali Shores Hotel
- Resortquest Kaanapali Shores Maui
- Kaanapali Shores Resort
- Aston Kaanapali Shores Maui/Lahaina